Cash converter

Spectre

Administrator
Staff member
Jnr Admin
Reaction score
I am refering to the chain of franchises that are dotted around the UK, the second hand shops that look like Argos stores.

I went into my local one today to while away several minutes by perusing their goods and soon found myself disturbed at some of the astronomical prices they are asking for things.

I saw items I know are far cheaper to buy new including digital cameras, Zippo lighters ;) and CD players to name a few. Some of their stock would be more appreciated in a museum. There was a desktop PC, in fact there were quite a few (Most of them were ex-corporate I think as there were identical lots) but this one sticks in mind: PII 300, 6 Gb HDD, 128 Mb RAM with 14" Monitor, the label "ONLY £499". There were ex-corp Cyrix 233 systems for £250 :eek:

Has enyone got one of these shops near them that ask for too much ? I feel sorry for people that might go to them and feel they are getting a bargain, who tests their stuff anyway ?

I had vowed never to buy anything off anyone anyway who put the word "Only" before their price.

Back