Carling Cup

siross

Inactive User
Reaction score
Just came back from the city game, was offered an extra ticket so i thought why not.

the game was incredibly boring! apart from watching fowler miss an open net when he tried to knock it in after the whistle had blown for offside, oh and seeing Christian Negouai storm off when he got subbed twenty minutes after coming on!

was also funny watchin how incredibly crap arsenal's left back was, larsson. he got ripped by sean wright phillips first half and only just kept up with sinclair, now thats saying something.

did nyone else watch this? mickie? must have been worse on the tele

anyways heres the score

Birmingham 0 1 Fulham R
Bolton 3 4 Tottenham R
Charlton 1 2 Crystal Palace R
Chelsea 1 0 West Ham R
Everton 2 0 Preston R
Man City 1 2 Arsenal R
Middlesbrough 3 0 Coventry R
Newcastle 2 1 Norwich R
Southampton 3 2 Colchester R

i watched it on telly with a mate and we didn't think it was that bad of a game, but every reveiw of it has said it was probly the worst game of the season :) heck maybe beer does make stuff seem ok when its not, that might explain why people watch baseball :) (ps i think city gave arsenal far too much repect, but going forward they looked a bit like the first team in flashes)

city should have pushed down the right putting pressure on larsson (arsenal left back) now he was poo, wright phillips did it to an extent but didnt really make it count.
also there keeper was rubbish, bit of pressure on him and he could easily drop the ball

it was a reserve game, i was impressed with van persy going to be a huge sucess me thinks :)

was boring i was watching it at a pals house and we was all talking more than watching the game... but it did show again what quality arsenal have in there young players.

most of them was between 17 - 20 i love the carling cup for seeing what the amazing wenger has coming through ;)

arsenal were decidedly average apart from a couple of players, theres a black guy on the left wing wearing gold boots, didnt catch his name, he was well good, started running at the city defence and they bricked themselves, van persie was pretty good aswell,

who was the player who fell over claiming to have been throttled by danny mills?

siross said:
who was the player who fell over claiming to have been throttled by danny mills?

that was van nistelroy ;)

Back