Car Number Plates

DiamondGeezer

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I need a car number plate made up

DVLA states you need one of the following

What you need

The number plate supplier will need to see at least one document from each of the lists below. This will allow the number plate supplier to confirm your name, address and entitlement to the registration number. All documents must be original, not copies.

Documents to confirm your identity

One of the following:

* driving licence, whether or not issued in the United Kingdom (UK) (with or without a photo) - this is preferred because it’s a secure, government-issued document showing both name and address
* a bill issued by your electricity, gas or water supplier, a landline telephone bill, or a council tax bill (current within the last six months) or rates bill (in Northern Ireland only)
* a bank or building society statement
* a passport, whether or not issued in the UK
* a national identity card issued by the government of a state or territory other than the UK
* a debit or credit card issued by a bank or building society
* a police warrant card
* an armed forces identity card

Documents to establish your entitlement to the registration number

One of the following:

* vehicle registration certificate (V5C or V5CNI) - these are the preferred documents
* the new keeper supplement (V5C/2 or V5C/2NI) of the registration certificate
* certificate of entitlement (V750)
* retention document (V778) (not applicable in Northern Ireland)
* vehicle licence renewal form (V11)
* temporary registration certificate (V379) (not applicable in Northern Ireland)
* authorisation certificate (V948) with an official stamp from the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA), Driver and Vehicle Agency (DVA) or Vehicle and Operator Services Agency (VOSA)
* a letter of authorisation from a fleet operator (including lease or hire company) (not applicable in Northern Ireland) - the letter must quote the document reference number from the registration certificate, not the vehicle identification number

However this site in Ireland does not request documents

Contact Plates for Cars

Do you get away with the docs here because they are based in Ireland?

all i took in england was my v5(log book) and my driving licence as it had my name,photo and address on. you could probs take a passport or anything with a photo on. why dont you wanna show ID?

all i took in england was my v5(log book) and my driving licence as it had my name,photo and address on. you could probs take a passport or anything with a photo on. why dont you wanna show ID?

Not that I don't want to show ID lol....just can't be asked to go out and get one and just wanted to order online thats how I come across Contact Plates for Cars and just checking to see if this is a legit way of ordering a plate without showing docs

Also how do the prices comapre - I just need a rear plate for a trailer and comes to around £20 with that online place

Not that I don't want to show ID lol....just can't be asked to go out and get one and just wanted to order online thats how I come across Contact Plates for Cars and just checking to see if this is a legit way of ordering a plate without showing docs

Also how do the prices comapre - I just need a rear plate for a trailer and comes to around £20 with that online place

i think mine were £13 each from the shop, only takes them 10 mins to make up unless you want the fancy ones, i just had my reg in a black border with the england flag on the side.

try these http://www.no1showplates.co.uk/index_new.php?crtag=Google&gclid=CJ7mq77MqZ8CFUQA4wodyUDl0Q

i actually went here but went in the shop as its localish to me http://www.alidrewnumberplates.co.uk/index.htm

Last edited:
I got one off ebay with no docs required. A lot cheaper than halfrauds too.

i think mine were £13 each from the shop, only takes them 10 mins to make up unless you want the fancy ones, i just had my reg in a black border with the england flag on the side.

try these Number Plates - Show Plates - Custom Plates - Bike Number Plates - Online Plate Builder

i actually went here but went in the shop as its localish to me Alidrew number plates, registration plates, show plates, vinyl car stickers and decals

they work out about the same plus fittings but again how do they get around this without the paper work?

they work out about the same plus fittings but again how do they get around this without the paper work?

i am not sure but aslong as you get them, why worry? you dont need fixings mate, just get the strong sticky pads the sell. thats what i have done as when i get a new car i can just do an easy transfer rather than drill out the rusty screw or drill out the plastic screw that has got stuck and wont come out. i speak from experience lol. sticky pads are strong as fook plus you dont have to drill the reg for the screw holes!

i am not sure but aslong as you get them, why worry? you dont need fixings mate, just get the strong sticky pads the sell. thats what i have done as when i get a new car i can just do an easy transfer rather than drill out the rusty screw or drill out the plastic screw that has got stuck and wont come out. i speak from experience lol. sticky pads are strong as fook plus you dont have to drill the reg for the screw holes!

I'll go for the sticky pads then

:Cheers:

I just went to the local store with my drivers license, had them made up in about 10 minutes.

Got home, two screws on each plate that was on the car, took them off, put them over the new ones, marked with a pencil where the holes were. Used a standard drill, just drilled a couple of hole and stuck it onto the car with the same screws.

Car went through MOT about a month back all good

I just went to the local store with my drivers license, had them made up in about 10 minutes.

Got home, two screws on each plate that was on the car, took them off, put them over the new ones, marked with a pencil where the holes were. Used a standard drill, just drilled a couple of hole and stuck it onto the car with the same screws.

Car went through MOT about a month back all good

how much did you pay?

I'll have a wonder over to the local garage then

not going to pay £17 for just one

Try here mate.
I ordered a set, and they were here the next day. Much better than faffing around digging out V5 and paying over the odds in halfords etc.

Try here mate.
I ordered a set, and they were here the next day. Much better than faffing around digging out V5 and paying over the odds in halfords etc.

Funny enough was in halfords today and saw they start from £13.49, didn't know they done them but didn't have any docs on me.

come accross a simlar seller on ebay today and they were charging £10 so not as cheap as the one in your link so thanks for that

But still trying to work out why you need your docs if you go to the likes of halfords, local garage etc and none if you buy online

I guess its simply down to the fact that places like halfords have to be registered with the dvla etc

Try here mate.

Ordered a set of plates yesterday for total of £7.85 with GB Euro Signs on

They arrived this morning - that was bloody quick

Cheers Mate for the link

Back