CAPITA group to go after poll-tax victims.

that's an interesting post,
as i'm one of the people on there hitlist.

i got some more info from my contact,

they didnt purchase the debt,
they plan on collecting on behalf of councils for a fee of some kind.

personally i hope they drop this crap,
but knowing hat company i wouldnt put anything past them.
are they involved in digital switchover?
i didnt know that.

All I've seen mentioned on the board other than this thread is this one: https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/137996/

Just found out that the Poll Tax is apparently covered by Regulation 29 of the Community Charge (Administration and Enforcement) Regs. 1989 (as amended 1991).

so I guess that proves there is no hope of the council recovering this money.

Mask, who ever your under cover spy is - how many councils do you think will pay for this 'debt' to be recovered - based on the fact that by law they cant and they would have to pay someone else to get it as well as pay for any legal action required?

Last edited by a moderator:
all i can tell you about capita is that they dont care much about the law - they are so deep in government corruption that they probably would get away with hardly a fine if anything at all.

as for dealings with councils - they already handle the accounts for all london bourough councils - so they have the preverbial "foot in the door" for offering crap like this.

how many would take it up? well if they are offering to work for a cut of the returns the councils cant lose.
so it may be pretty damned high.

that's if they are stupid enough to do it - they already got sent a nailbomb recently for handling the street camera contracts :)

I think everyone can sleep safe in bed.

All you naughty people who didnt pay their poll tax 14 years ago, how could you!! ;)

Thankfully, as we dont live in an orwellian fantasy land, you dont need to scrimp for xmas.

Back