Can't find driver for my DVB-T usb dongle

blanno

Inactive User
Reaction score
HI!
I've got a DVB-T usb dongle off ebay last year. Reinstalled my pc recently and cant find the driver. Tried installing through device manager, no luck.
There's no info with the dongle, I think it's some generic chinese dongle.
It did come with blaze tv but I was hoping to try it with VLC??!? Don't know if it's possible yet?
Looked evrywhere, some old threads with links but they're all dead now. Can anyone direct me to a free download Please?
Cheers Vry much!

Hey thanx for reply.
No, no info wot so ever I'm afraid, but a friend has got a similar dongle. gonna try out his cd tomorow.
It's just a blank, black dongle with 'DVB' engraved on the bottom???
Cheers

Re: Can't find driver for my DVB-T usb dongle HELP! PLEASE, PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE!!!

Can anyone help with this??
Can't find driver!!??
The make of the dongle is 'Prosoloo' I checked out their website and downloaded what they said was the driver. It was a copy of 'BlazeDTV3.5' [which I installed] and my dongle still isn't recognised by blazetv or device manager???
There's an option to 'select device' on the blazetv console/interface but it won't respond. Selected 'Options' where there's a similar option but it's greyed-out!?? In 'Device Manager' I got the dreaded yellow exclamation mark....Dun, Dun, Dun, Dun....Try update driver, but can't find aything compatible?? The last time i had a problem like this it was a USB adapter/PCI card, and it was busted. Could my dongle be broken or is this a common problem with these 'cheap from china, ordered on ebay' dongles??

Re: Can't find driver for my DVB-T usb dongle HELP! PLEASE, PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE!!!

i know the problem is the driver for the pc but you may be better posting in these rooms Digital World Forum - Cable and Satellite Experts it may be some folk who are into dvb could help.....they may not venture into these rooms!

hope you get sorted, nothing worse than having kit with no drivers...

Cheers My Man!
That's what I'll do. You'd think you could get hold of a driver from somewhere, just a 'generic DVB-T Device' driver or something? I would have thought they were plug n play. NeverMind.
Thanx again, I'll post the same thread on that other forum.

Download "unknown device identifier" from huntersoft( google it). Plug your dongle in and run the prog.
Look in the report that it generates......
It may shed some light on the make/chipset etc.

Cheers for all the great advice. I think I cracked it! I've been serching for years [honestly!] there's a site -

DVB-T USB dongle driver

And you can download the driver and it's perfectly safe!

everything's working OK, But I can't find any channels at the moment and this has neverbeen a problem in the past as I am right by the local Killvay Hill Transmitter! so I'm not holding my breathe.......But the download was fine [No nasty attachments] thought I'd stick the link up coz I noticed millions of people looking for this same driver.
Cheers Again!!

Back