Can you put Xbox live arcade games on to a disc?

earwig999

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to put Xbox live arcade games on to a disc and be able to boot them?

I have a PopCap Arcade games disc with Feeding Frenzy, AstroPop, Peggle and Bejewled. Wondered if there are any ways to put other games on like these on to a disc?

Is there a way to put Xbox live arcade games on to a disc and be able to boot them?

I have a PopCap Arcade games disc with Feeding Frenzy, AstroPop, Peggle and Bejewled. Wondered if there are any ways to put other games on like these on to a disc?

I reckon you could with a jtag-rgh. (Put extracted game folders on, data disc). Then add them in FSD path ?

Would be interesting to see what the extracted contents are of that Iso of yours, but I doubt it would be as easy as popping folders in lol

Last edited:
not that I have read about.

You can copy them to usb/internal HDD with a JTAG/RGD, you may even be able to copy the xbla games onto your partition3 using a usb transfer kit cable and resigning them with your xbox id, but would probably lead to a perm ban.

Today I bought myself a 2nd Xbox 360 for the bedroom. Since I already own an Elite, I just picked up a brand new and cheap Arcade pack.

The problem is that I would like to access a few Xbox Live Arcade games without having to swap them on my 2 memory unit.

I heard a while ago that Xbox Live Arcade games can be burned to a dvd and run from there. Obviously not to circumvent the necessity of buying the games but just to save space on HD/MU. I already own an Xport for the 360 HD so getting games off it will not be a problem.

Anyone know what structure/directory's required to make this work?

Thanks

Edit: I continued searching and found this,

Apparently, players have been able to copy Xbox Arcade games from the system onto a CD-R or DVD-R drive so that they can be played on an Xbox 360 from disk.

This is done by spoofing the directory structure of the hard disk on the disk drive:

/Content/0000000000000000/*TitleID*/000D0000/*XBLA Game*

Now I just need to know in what format should I burn the DVD, UDF?

===========================================

Just a quick update if anyone if interested. Burned all the XBLA games I paid for to a DVD-RW (so I can quickly update it with new games) as UDF and all the games are showing without any problems in the My Games list. Obviously, the list takes a longer time to refresh and initial boot up time for games are slightly longer but otherwise it works fine.

I've not got a Jtag just a flashed drive with LT 3.0.
Will try with a memory stick and see if i can get any joy.

Perhaps there is a way to download the demo to the HD, then download the full version to a Memory stick and try to get that to show as unlocked and boot.

Games you paid for should work off disc ?

If it's a Live box you don't want hacked Live Arcade games on it. I don't think you can anyway :(

Back