Can this be sorted or flashed ?

bigbadblue05

DW Regular
Reaction score
Hi,folks
Bit of a problem here,i have my nephews xbox 360 here, which has a broken dvd drive,he stuck a knife in the dvd drawer and wedged it open to get a game out because his psu died on him ,so a replacement drive has been ordered its a lite on DG-16D2S ,I was going to swop boards from the broken drive into the replacement drive,but now i have snapped the ribbon connector 4 from the board (top left in pic),I know not clever!, anyway i tried to solder it back on ,which was not a good idea as im shit at soldering.Now the question is can this be re-soldered or at the worst could it be read with jungle flasher to get his keys?,another question is if it can be read with jungle flasher to get the keys does it matter if the firmware version on the new drive is different from his,as far as im aware its ok if im swopping boards but dont know if its different if its flashed, his firmware is 93450c and i dont know what the replacement is untill i receive it tomorrow.Anyway thanks for looking and any help is appreciated.

100_0379.jpg
100_0378.jpg

Grab the key off of the broken pcb , you are going to need a probe 3 or some other means of probing , it`s all in the JF tut , then flash the key to the new drive.

Thanks for the reply dave,is there anyone on here that possibly could sort this for me if i was to send the pcb and the replacement drive as i dont have any equipment to do this and have never even used jungle flash before,i would be willing to pay for this service.

Thanks very much dave that is a very fine gesture,and much appreciated just pm me your details m8.

Now thats why Digitalworldz is the place to be ,you couldn't ask for anything more, top class members and a top class site.
cheers all.:)

Dave, as you do a lot for the team and the like then would the following be of any good to you, there's a sputnik probe and some PCB's if you want them then let me know and i'll drop them in the post for you today.

2012-04-18103523.jpg

no worries one good turn deserves another and all that, send me your address and i'll post them tomorrow for ya.

yeah nice one Prag mate.

Thanks again.

Dibbs.

Big thanks to Dave24 for helping me out,back up and running sweet.cheers

Back