Can Someone Take Me Step By Step [Dreambox 500s]

mannitol

Inactive User
Reaction score
Received my DreamBox 500S within a week of ordering from db-shop24 (and got the complimentary choccie - which was very nice by the way) and was having a go last night to try and get things working.

First of all I looked at some of the tutorials here, then installed the Gemini 3 image - kept scanning and receiving about 15 channels - most of which were different ITV's throughout the country.

With some more reading on this forum I discovered these 'cams' or whatever they are to decrypt the other channels so I installed a gemini 3 image with a cam on it already (using flashwizard 6.3 as the original one I got from here doesn't allow fw2 files).

Searched for channels, found a few more (now BBC) - turned the cam on in the blue menu (automatic setting or whatever was on, I also tried to turn it on manually where you can add channels but no idea what I was doing). Still not receiving anything.

Looked at more tutorials but they mentioned bruteforce and gemini 2.9 so I did some more hunting on here but didn't really find anything. I then sent an email to a very nice man on another general forum (where I found out about this place) and he gave me some advise.

So now I flashed my box with the original image I backed up before I started messing around, and uploaded some channel settings or something he sent me via dreamloader(?) or something like that (which was mentioned in a few tutorials). He also said I needed to get some keys - searched this forum and after a while I found this:

http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/79533-installing_emu_keys.html

I followed the instructions and uploaded the keys onto my box - but to be honest it's not worked. I tried downloading onto my box, but when I flash it with gemini the settings go crazy and it can't connect the the net. However if it's a clean install/image it can do!

I think myself and my box are in a right muddle and need some help. Could someone please tell me what I need to do - point me in the direction of files so on and so forth.

I'm being told lots of different bits via email to what I read on the forum, tutorials are very general as well and I'm at a loss. If anyone would like to chat to me on MSN or via email rather than post on here you may reach me via my profile and help me out it'd be much appreciated :)

I followed that guide first of all but wasn't picking up many channels. I am using a 500S as it is for Satellite and not Cable. Osbourne82 is taking me through it on MSN so hopefully I will get it sorted :D

Edit: I have a few cams installed and have the config files for them - but they're not decrypting/descrambling channels. I had evo and that did channel 5 ok but anything else it says it can not descramble. The other cam I have it newcard or whatever it is, but that can't even do channel 5. I've rebooted and left it on a channel for 5mins and nothing but a blank screen :(

Back