Other can anyone tell me what lead i need to connect laptop to tv . pictures uploaded

ttony

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
laptop.jpg

tv.jpg

what i want to do is connect my laptop to my tv , so there is the pictures of my laptop and tv connections , can anyone tell me what lead i need to connect both , and if possible point to ebay where i can buy one of these .

the first pic is my laptop second is my tv ...

thanx

can you give us a link to where I can buy one of these please

Surely you must have one of these lying around @ttony?

(Is it just me that still has a use for this arcane technology? :eek:)

Look in the boxes old monitors came in etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok but can you give us the exact one I want , link please .. thanx just want to buy the right one

Poundland do the VGA cable mate for a quick fix and and a cable for the sound (just a headphone jack each end) vga cable work ok but don't have that filter thingy on them so can get a few lines on screen. but worth a quid just to try out.

female to female vga if i'm correct

so whats a good cable I can get then ? as I want a perfect picture .. can you put a link up as to what one so I can buy it now please

hi little pob , thanx for the links , the audio cable , where would I connect them and can I use this instead of the vga cable or do I use both , if so why what is the benefit of using both ?

hi little pob , thanx for the links , the audio cable , where would I connect them and can I use this instead of the vga cable or do I use both , if so why what is the benefit of using both ?

you will need to use both as the vga cable only carries video ,so you need the other cable for sound

Where would you connect?:The vga goes from your laptop vga to your tv vga and the sound cable goes from your laptop headphone jack (often green or its black check just above hole and it will have a picture of headphones).

Whats the benefits of using both?:If you want picture and sound then this is a perfect combination for watching youtube/films viewing pics and whatever on your big screen.

And you can use both or the vga cable on its own just ordipends what you would use your laptop for.

thanx roachieuk

right now to buy them cheers for explaining it for us ...

thanx for the replys people , just orderd the cables I need .

Back