Cable Forum :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rat,

I think i know enough about the cable boxes that will allow me to run mine, i aint new to cable, but new to this forum... so mate please don't make assumptions...

I'm sure the Admins could tell us this?????? It aint too difficult...

Ffs m8 how many answers do you want.
Rats last post (he is admin lol) answered your question. Maybe its you thats having difficulty understanding his answer.
Most forums on the web have done the same thing for the same reasons (not that i frequent them) im a dw loyal.. Dont forget there are a couple of guys eating porridge at the moment and i for one dont want anyone on here in the same boat.

Last edited:
.....I think some of the aging members of DW think it's a sin asking about the future of the cable section...

You're right about the aging bit, but otherwise, no, you're wrong.

I said in post2 that you should do some reading. That's exactly what I meant. If you took time to read, especially in "General Chat" and got a feel for the forum and of how the wind was blowing, you'd know that your question was impossible to answer.

I HAVE read Mickie_D post in regards to the cable forum closing.

But he doesnt guarantee if its COMPLETELY closing???!!!

This forum will become quite dull without the cable section....

That's the kind of comments that pisses me off about some members on here, this site is more than just a quick cable fix when they go down so if you think it will be quite dull FOOK off and go somewhere else then.

P.S. i don't even have fookin cable and im here all the time.

: asshole:grrrr::arrrr:

Last edited:
at least this serves as yet another thread telling people the cable forum is close indefinitely...

Wouldn't it be a good idea if the DW moderators/admins could give us an update of the situation??

Is it coming back or not? Put everyone out of their misery...

Beany

Please remember that the Admin of this site also HAVE FULL TIME JOBS!
This is a great site ran by them for fun so yes they need to remove things to protect themselves but this doesn't pay their bills!!!

at least this serves as yet another thread telling people the cable forum is close indefinitely...

But will they read it! Nobody seems willing to take the time to do any research anymore...............:arrrr:

What about Sony and Nintendo ,I know what has happened and that most of the forums have removed there cable sections,,I would probily do the same if I owned a forum,,but I do think that this jailing of to hackers or modders what ever anyone wants to call them for making tuts about modding stb,s and sharing it with the www is getting out of hand ,and for also taking donations to run there forum and maybe making a sh-t load more ,,but remember it is virgin media that has taken them to court after spending years investigating them and there sentence was pretty good where im sitting could of been years not months,,what im trying to say is that Sony and Nintendo could also take modders to court and throw the book at them for peeps modding there boxes also so why has there sections not been removed "not that I want them to just using as an example" I think if the other Massive companies wanted they would wipe everyone of the modders out altogather,,they need the modders as much as we need them to keep moving the goalposts as both sides are actually learning each other how to fix or unfix there weaknesses,in my eyes if any of the big companies could really find out some of the names and addresses that have brains to burn and can make scripts and images etc they would be offering them jobs not putting them to jail some of the guys wee all know could be worth millions if they where to work for the enemy but thats why wee respect them and everything they do ,,you know who yous are ,,jesus I dont half rammble on lol :proud:

yes they probably could - but there are many, many sites and forums offering info on how to get through their security. How much money would it take to take one down? And then, what would be the point with all the others in operation?

The cable discussed here is just peculiar to the UK and ROI, a nice small target. And DW is proud of the fact it is the number one, which limits the attention of the cable companies to just a few forums..

What about Sony and Nintendo ,I know what has happened and that most of the forums have removed there cable sections,,I would probily do the same if I owned a forum,,but I do think that this jailing of to hackers or modders what ever anyone wants to call them for making tuts about modding stb,s and sharing it with the www is getting out of hand ,and for also taking donations to run there forum and maybe making a sh-t load more ,,but remember it is virgin media that has taken them to court after spending years investigating them and there sentence was pretty good where im sitting could of been years not months,,what im trying to say is that Sony and Nintendo could also take modders to court and throw the book at them for peeps modding there boxes also so why has there sections not been removed "not that I want them to just using as an example" I think if the other Massive companies wanted they would wipe everyone of the modders out altogather,,they need the modders as much as we need them to keep moving the goalposts as both sides are actually learning each other how to fix or unfix there weaknesses,in my eyes if any of the big companies could really find out some of the names and addresses that have brains to burn and can make scripts and images etc they would be offering them jobs not putting them to jail some of the guys wee all know could be worth millions if they where to work for the enemy but thats why wee respect them and everything they do ,,you know who yous are ,,jesus I dont half rammble on lol :proud:

Some of what you've posted fookin infuriates me. Two guys go to prison one for running a forum and one for compiling a guide and you say they got of light. Its ok for people like you to take info from their forums and guides but you all get pissed of when people try and protect their forums admin from trouble...

So whats happened to the cable forum then??

Only kidding

If i remember correctly, it vanished a year or 2 ago for a few weeks in similar circumstances. It might be back, if not then there really is a load of other useful stuff here.

Wow so much tension i this thread guys need to chill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back