Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

By far the cheapest PS3 hack.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but what does the above do? you need to program it with software etc? i have a chance of a PS3 that has never been online.... ;)

You pop it into your PS3 and it allows you to run unsigned code (Homebrew). The main reason people are buying it is because it allows piracy, one of the applications is the Backup Manager which allows you to copy PS3 games to the HDD and they will play without the original disc.:)

I think the Maximus will arrive blank, but it has a bootloader so all you'll need to do is plug it into your PC's USB slot and transfer the Jailbreak firmware onto it.

thanks matey, so just get one of them and is it pre-loaded or does it need to have firmware loaded to it? and does it just plug in the usb device on the ps3, also can you use an external USB drive with this as i think the ps3 that the kid is selling is only a 60 gig one...cheers witchy

For legal reasons it'll probably arrive blank mate, but like I said you just plug it into your PC and flash it. :)

Yes you can use an external HDD no problem, but some games cannot be installed to the external drive because the drive has to be formatted in Fat32 and Fat32 doesn't support files over 4Gb, so games with larger files must (currently) be installed to the internal drive.

i personally wouldnt trust a website that last update was from 11th march saying about stock issues...

The seller is just a hobbyist making the boards in his freetime, he actually has videos on YouTube showing himself creating them, he explains every step and does it all by hand using no professional tools, lol.

For legal reasons it'll probably arrive blank mate, but like I said you just plug it into your PC and flash it. :)

Yes you can use an external HDD no problem, but some games cannot be installed to the external drive because the drive has to be formatted in Fat32 and Fat32 doesn't support files over 4Gb, so games with larger files must (currently) be installed to the internal drive.

Thanks matey, onto the kid to get the ps3 off him it's not reading disks so should get it cheap like, it's simalar to the xbox then as had to format the drive to fat32 so it would be found and you can copy games to it, was a little program out that you run to do it, so it might not be to long and might be out for the ps3 and external hard drives soon.

Cheers again matey

Think you still need to have a working BR drive m8 as afaik it needs a disk to boot the game on the HDD, bit like the original psp hack needed a umd to enable the iso to boot..

Thanks matey, onto the kid to get the ps3 off him it's not reading disks so should get it cheap like, it's simalar to the xbox then as had to format the drive to fat32 so it would be found and you can copy games to it, was a little program out that you run to do it, so it might not be to long and might be out for the ps3 and external hard drives soon.

Cheers again matey

u just format the drive on your pc, then drag and drop games onto the drive. no need for programs to copy games between pc and external HD's

no m8 different person from what i know... ps2chiper is still waiting on his chips to arrive... he has pcbs built but...

no m8 different person from what i know... ps2chiper is still waiting on his chips to arrive... he has pcbs built but...

I'm confused.

The Ps2chiper I know also has the boards complete and is awating chips to arrive, although he did say he had gotten 2000 and would be shipping them out at the beginning of the week. I think he was offering the boards to people who perhaps had their own microcontroller instead of them having to wait.

He's in China but tweets using a very western user name.

I reckon it's the same guy.

BTW, that Bumble B seller still hasn't gotten back to me, lol. If only the daft git would check his e-mails, he could be making a small fortune. I've already ordered one on his site, I'll give him a week to reply, if he doesn't then I'll set Paypal on him. It's only £13 anyway, so nothing to get worked up about. :)

yes m8 he had 3000 pcbs made for 191quid or something along that... he then secured 2500 atmel chips

when i was emailing ps2chiper i was gettin near instant replies...

yes m8 he had 3000 pcbs made for 191quid or something along that... he then secured 2500 atmel chips

when i was emailing ps2chiper i was gettin near instant replies...

ok, we've got things mixed up here.:)

The Bumble B is not coming from ps2chiper, it's (hopefully) coming from Dave Fletcher (Fletchtronics) in the US.

Ps2chiper is the guy that said he was going to strip all the extra stuff off the Bumble B and make it a hybrid Bumble B / Teensy board.

Did you manage to secure any of ps2chipers boards?

i did not.. thats why i am going with the PIC18F2550 now...

prey he gets of his american ass and sends you it then witchy ? :p

i did not.. thats why i am going with the PIC18F2550 now...

prey he gets of his american ass and sends you it then witchy ? :p

I've decided to go ahead with the PIC project anyway.

I just hope my old programmer can handle the 18F2550. :)

Just noticed a guy in Warrington has made his own batch and flogging them for £25 a pop, on Gumtree, did a search for ps&Manchester.

heres 1 of the 1s ive made...

28k0if4.jpg

gonna make more soon with the usb port directly on it so will be like a proper stick :)

ps2chipper is selling these currently, he is a member of maxconsole, believe he is punting them for around £10. Although, you can get the ps3break for about £24 delivered, or even a maximus board for £24. Takes 2 minutes to program, and looks pretty sweet.

ps2chiper is over at psx-scene also.. wouldnt really pick the ps3break with the QC problems people have been having with them... maximus board im not sure..

il have some of mine in again on monday hopefully

Back