Buy a Windows 7 PC and get Windows 8 Pro for £14.99.

skinz

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
What is the Windows Upgrade Offer?

If you buy a qualified Windows 7 PC between June 2, 2012 and January 31, 2013, you may purchase a download of Windows 8 Pro at a special promotional price that varies by region.

https://windowsupgradeoffer.com/en-US/Home/Faq

Currently only Registration Only Available, enter your details and MS will contact you when you can return to this site for program registration and validation.

https://windowsupgradeoffer.com/en-US

Program Info

We’ve got you covered.

Buy a Windows 7 PC and get Windows 8 Pro for £14.99.

Refer to the information below for the offer details.

Eligibility Details

The offer is for customers (e.g. Home users, students, and enthusiasts) who purchase a qualified PC. A qualified PC is a new PC purchased during the promotional period with a valid Windows 7 OEM Certificate of Authenticity and product key for, and preinstalled with:

Windows 7 Home Basic;
Windows 7 Home Premium;
Windows 7 Professional; or
Windows 7 Ultimate.

The promotional price is limited to one upgrade offer per PC purchased, and a maximum limit of five upgrade offers per customer.
Key Dates

You must purchase a qualified Windows 7 PC between June 2, 2012 and January 31, 2013 to be eligible for this offer. The last day to register and order your Windows 8 upgrade is February 28, 2013.
Offer Redemption

Eligible customers must register for the Windows Upgrade Offer through this website by February 28, 2013.
After customer registration and Microsoft validation, customers will receive a registration confirmation email.
Upon the General Availability (GA) and release of Windows 8, customers will receive an email with a promotion code and instructions for purchasing and downloading the software. The promotion code will be redeemed during the upgrade ordering process to receive the promotional price.
Customers will be able to purchase a downloadable version of Windows 8 Pro. An optional installation DVD is available for an additional fee, plus shipping and any applicable taxes or duties. Customers can also choose to create their own installation media on DVD or USB media after downloading Windows 8.

This offer requires internet connectivity for registering and ordering. Note: telephone or other access charges may apply.
Upgrade Software

Each upgrade license will apply to only one PC and may only be installed on PCs with a valid base license to a qualifying operating system (i.e., Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista or Windows 7).

While the offer will be limited to eligible customers who purchase a qualified PC, the upgrade may be installed on any compatible Windows-based PC with a qualifying operating system. Visit Microsoft Windows for information about Windows 8 minimum requirements. Customers should visit their PC manufacturer’s website for more information about how to upgrade their PC to Windows 8, including updated software and drivers.

It's a sign of the times, upgrade price from vista to windows 7 = free on eligible hardware, upgrade from windows 7 to windows 8 = £15 for eligible hardware.

Micro$haft money grabbing again. :)

Ya I Agree

But Vista was shite anyways so should have been free anyways

I can't remember Win7 being available for download so you always had to to P&P (and I think companies like Acer used to charge around £15). At Win8 will be be downloadable. Also regardless of the version of Win7 you buy, you will get a Win8 Pro license.

Been looking into Win8 hacks and with COA v3 looks like activation is even more closely tied into BIOS. Will have to wait and see if there are going to be reliable hacks, you may need to do BIOS mod option.

Windows 7 was available in download form, I bought it a couple of times for different pc's.

Going off M$'s track record Windows 8 will probably be crap, they seem to skip a version when it comes to good OS's, Windows 95 good, Windows 98 not so much, Windows xp was brill, Vista was crap, Windows 7 excellent, Windows 8??

I jumped on Windows 7, pre-ordering it months in advance, but I'm gonna wait for Windows 8 as for a start I don't like what I'm seeing with the preview, especially the new front end.

They also seem to be doing an Apple and making you pay for things separately, like DVD playback in Media Player, and you'll have to buy Media Centre too.

They also seem to be doing an Apple and making you pay for things separately, like DVD playback in Media Player, and you'll have to buy Media Centre too.

They did that with XP, no DVD mepg codec was installed. i think they only did 'free win 7 upgrades' if you'd just bought a new PC at the time or just before it came out

easier to build your own machine and buy an oem copy of windows 8 when it comes out and would proberbly be cheaper

They did that with XP, no DVD mepg codec was installed. i think they only did 'free win 7 upgrades' if you'd just bought a new PC at the time or just before it came out

XP did pre-date the popularity of DVD players. They could have included it in SP3 as it was quite a major upgrade but I guess they decided against it even though it was included in vista a short while later.

Windows XP had a seperate Windows XP Media Centre edition which had DVD playback. Media Centre was free with Windows Vista (except home edition) and Windows 7 (except starter edition) (and was DVD playback enabled), not in Windows 8 you have to pay for it.

IT should read BUY WINDOWS 8 for £14.99 and we will give you a FREE PC

Im in IT support and looked at Windows 8 and so far it looks to be a nightmare to support :(

OK the joke "switch off then back on" yea it does solve about 70% of problems BUT

click on start then.........

feck ummmm there is NO start to click on ? so on the "beta" there is no start lol oh my what are support supposed to do now

oh sorry for pinching the thread
back on topic... windows 8 is crap (unless its on a phone)

warlord

IT should read BUY WINDOWS 8 for £14.99 and we will give you a FREE PC

Im in IT support and looked at Windows 8 and so far it looks to be a nightmare to support :(

OK the joke "switch off then back on" yea it does solve about 70% of problems BUT

click on start then.........

feck ummmm there is NO start to click on ? so on the "beta" there is no start lol oh my what are support supposed to do now

oh sorry for pinching the thread
back on topic... windows 8 is crap (unless its on a phone)

warlord

I assume you mean the start globe .... if you move the cursor down to the bottom right corner the start appears but not as a globe..

move the cursor to the bottom right and you get more options... top right and you get apps that are open..... :)

I hope this is what you mean lol

Back