Breached Community Service

The Bouncer

Inactive User
Reaction score
Was wondering if anybody could help, last year my brother handed himself into the police for a driving offense which he was on the run for. Well he went to court and was given a 2yr suspended sentence and also 160 hours of Community service and probation for 2 years.

Well 3 weeks ago at his community service another person broke into a property and the community service group was all given a warning and were told to go home, well the following week he went to community service and 1 of the probation officers were accusing my brother of being behind the attempted burglary when it wasn't him and he had a argument with the probation officer and has now been told he is in breach if his license so got to go back to court

He has a solicitor and was given Legal Aid but all the letters are contradicting themselves he has now been told that the Burglary incident is not being involved yet he got his last warning for the argument, is their anything he can do to get out of this.

My first guess would be to lodge a complaint against his PO.

However, his brief should be able to advise him as to the best/correct course of action.

He has spoken to his solicitor and she has advised him to take all letters to court and also his proof of attending probation weekly. If they were to activate his sentence either Community service sentence ( 100 hours ) or his suspended sentence would he be sentenced immediately?

From what I've heard (friend of a friend) and read (tabloid and local press) then he could be taken into custody straight away. However, if there is a space issue, he can also be told to attend prison at a later date.

Whilst I'm by no means a solicitor, if his breif isn't telling him to bring a toothbrush to court I would tell him not worry about it too much...

From what I've heard (friend of a friend) and read (tabloid and local press) then he could be taken into custody straight away. However, if there is a space issue, he can also be told to attend prison at a later date.

Whilst I'm by no means a solicitor, if his breif isn't telling him to bring a toothbrush to court I would tell him not worry about it too much...

Thanks mate, its on his birthday aswell which is putting him off slightly as he would be going to adult prison so just gonna wait and see what solicitor says and go from their

Blimey.. Just asked my Mrs (she is involved with stuff like this).. She answered almost word for word what Pob said.

It's pretty much down to what he did originally, what went on in the argument, and who says what in the court on the day.

Back