Boxing Day live football ,sat playing up , help needed

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to pick up the Everton v Wigan game today but I'm struggling.
firstly i cant get Nova TV on any listed on liveonsat 45E - 39E - 23.5E.

then tring sport 4 on 16E list Fulham game instead of Everton game,

then finally,

I'm running a VU+ DUO with latest VIX and catseye setup and my dish is all set and running smooth on usals but the 4.8E for viasat is greyed out in SATELITE section so i cant spin my dish to get 4.8E when i do try i get the error box and please config your tuner ( or sometihng to that effect).
how do I sort this ?
any help please before KO would be nice.

These channels showing your game.
C+ Deportes 2 HD 19.2e
Sport 1 Voetbal 23.5e
Sportmanía 19.2e/30w
Viasat XTRA PL 2 4.8e
Jesus feckin christ ! i drunk some last night , i was looking on liveonsat and the the game underneath fulham game.
cheers m8, i need to top up bring me round.
But would you know why 4.8e is greyed out in my sats ? like i said im using catseye sat list .

If anyone knows can you let me know . . . I've just sent over the latest catseye E2 settings but 4.8e and 23.5e green button satellites is greyed out and i get an error message " SERVICES UNAVAILABLE PLEASE CHECK TUNER CONFIGURATION" I use usals so i don't understand that. It doesn't matter which catseye i use same message appears.

yeah rebooted box ,. still the same. were as all the other sats in "satellites" are named like :-
Astra 1N/2A/2B/2F/Eutelsat 28A (28.2E) SERVICES
Astra 1N/2A/2B/2F/Eutelsat 28A (28.2E) PROVIDERS
Astra 1N/2A/2B/2F/Eutelsat 28A (28.2E) NEW

my 4.8 23.5 30e are named like this:-
4.8E SERVICES
4.8E PROVIDERS
4.8E NEW
it doesn't mention the name of the sat in its title description.When I click on services say in 4.8 there greyed out then i get the error message tuner config thing.

Last edited:
when i go into tuner settings then select "configuration mode - advanced" and scroll through the satellites it actually says "ASTRA 4A/SES 5 (4.9E) & SES 5 (5.0E)
it doesnt say 23.5 it says "ASTRA 1D (23.1E)" & "ASTRA 1D/3B (23.3E)"
how do i change that ?

can you tell me how i do that please m8 , not a clue tbh.

I'm running the latest version of ViX with Catseye's settings on my ET9000. One of the following should work.

Try this first. Download the file, extract it and ftp the satellites.xml file it to /etc on your stb.

View attachment satellites.zip

Reboot and check if that's cured your problem. If not try the following.

Menu > Setup > Service Searching > Manual Scan > then change the following options to
Tuner - select the tuner that's connected to your motorised dish.
Type of Scan - Single satellite
Satellite - Astra 4A/SES 5 (4.8 East)
Network scan - Yes
Clear before scan - no
Only free scan - no
Press OK and then follow on screen instructions.
If this doesn't work change 'Clear before scan' to Yes and rescan.
Providing your USALS is set correctly either should cure your problems

I'm running the latest version of ViX with Catseye's settings on my ET9000. One of the following should work.

Try this first. Download the file, extract it and ftp the satellites.xml file it to /etc on your stb.

View attachment 70496

Reboot and check if that's cured your problem. If not try the following.

Menu > Setup > Service Searching > Manual Scan > then change the following options to
Tuner - select the tuner that's connected to your motorised dish.
Type of Scan - Single satellite
Satellite - Astra 4A/SES 5 (4.8 East)
Network scan - Yes
Clear before scan - no
Only free scan - no
Press OK and then follow on screen instructions.
If this doesn't work change 'Clear before scan' to Yes and rescan.
Providing your USALS is set correctly either should cure your problems
4.8 isnt listed , , , 4.9-5.0 was. Well in the end i just reflashed the box and set it up from scratch with the same catseye E2 settings and now its fine. something must of got corrupt along the line and no matter how much faffin around i did it wouldnt work. It drove me mad as i thought it was me !.

I'll second that, thanks for the help guys, much appreciated :)

Back