box / mgcamd killing network speed + FTP speeds?

grantsmith82

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi all. just wondering when you FTP from pc --> box what speeds are you getting? (assuming using ethernet cable and not vonets for eg. )

im also having issue with the box killing my network speed.

i initally had issue with mgcamd , it turned out that the cam was trying to send a log file, and this was causing whats similar to a ddos attack within my own network, unplugging the duo stopped this 'attack' i know with mgcamd there is amendments to the mg_cfg file.. thats needs changing from (03) to (00) on {D} amd {L} which fixed my issue in back jan.

but i have a vu+duo thats only got CCCam installed and it killed my network completly 30mb internet down to 1mb. and killing transfer speed via ftp to 20kb/s unplugged the ethernet to the duo speeds shot back up .

just wondering what else on the boxes maybe causing the network to slow

You are posting the same question lots of times. Someone will reply soon.

Perhaps you can add the following details:

Clone or Genuine?
If clones, do they have same mac addresses?
What Image and version number?
What other plugins are installed that require network traffic?

I am using a Superhub, Mgcamd on a TM Twin and occasionally use TM Single, DM500, DM800HD clones without network issues.

they are on clone, different mac addresses
one of the culprit boxes is vu+duo. running vix 3.0. the other plugins installed are mgcamd, cccam (dont run both at same time, just one or another) cross EPG, and rats DW

Is fault when you plug either of your new receivers or when you plug both at the same time?

How have you established MAC addresses? Using router's page or label on receiver?

when either box is plugged in..
i have the mac addresses boxes do have sticky lable on but can also see them via router stats page.

i also dont understand when i try to ftp files to the box the max speed im getting is 1.5 - 2mb/s is this normal ?

i would have thought it would be a lot faster (depending what network card the box has in them?)

I have moved this thread into the VU+ section and delted the duplicate thread that was already there for the same issue.

Back