BMX Crank / Evans cycles

Joe1989

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone on here would be able to help!!

The crank in question was bough for £70 and within three weeks has sheered a bolt, the bike has been put from some use but nothing extream. Here are some images of the crank:

imag0292i.jpg

imag0294e.jpg

As you can see the center bolt which holds the crank arms on to the crank its self has sheered at the edge of the crank. I phoned evens who asked me to take the images above, within 1 hour they had come back to me stating that the crank had been over tightened which has caused the bolt to snap. However, I know for a fact with a 40nm tourqe rench i have not over tightened these bolts.

Does anyone has any advice on how to handle this futher?

Evans have kindly posted out two bolt to me, but as i told them i dont do have the equiptment such as a vice, drill bit, and tap set to fix this. However they responded borrow one or drill it out, ram the bolt in and it will hold.

Thanks for any advice/help. Also advoid evans - Worst customer service ever.

Pictures don't seem to be working.

Poor customer service experienced by myself and Draca also.

My mountain bike freehub went after 120 miles, just spinning. They were still fobbing me off after a month (bike back in the shop) and wanted me to take a silver hub (bike is grey and black...) as they couldn't get the freehub out of the hub. They replaced the wheel with one from the only other bike of the same model in stock but I had to threaten wanting a refund because of their service and shoddy quality.

I think it was some generic freehub put in the hub.

Had to remind them to fit my "missing link" chain quick release and give me my spare derailleur hanger.

Back