Bluetooth GPS Receiver deal

That's not bad but I bought one on ebay for £38 + £5 P+P and it's a 32 channel receiver whereas that one is only a 12 channel.

The one I got was a Holox BT-321 and you can leave it in your glove box and it'll still get a signal.

whats the advantages and disadvantages of these channels to us users? 12 channel,32 channel etc.?

devil666x said:
whats the advantages and disadvantages of these channels to us users? 12 channel,32 channel etc.?

I would have said that the more satellites the receiver can access at the one time, the less chance you have of loosing the signal. Depending where you are in the country, the signal may be low and the more options the better.

In saying this, I'm pretty sure that you will never get all 32 channels, or even 12 channels, connected at the one time. But at least the options there.

I bought one of these last week of ebay for £20. Thanks for the link though as I wanted a spare battery & now I know that I can use a nokia BL-5C as a spare.

is there anywhere u can get them cheap APART from ebay? and what would you recommend? should i spend more on a 32 channel one or just get a 12 channel? would i NOTICE any difference?

devil666x said:
is there anywhere u can get them cheap APART from ebay? and what would you recommend? should i spend more on a 32 channel one or just get a 12 channel? would i NOTICE any difference?

you could try either www.pdamods.com or www.handtec.co.uk

I use the BT77 16 channel GPS receiver and never had problems with it losing signal. Its also powered by a nokia battery.

BT77 Bluetooth GPS receiver with 20+ hours runtime (Nemerix Chipset)

The BT77 Bluetooth GPS receiver is Europe's most popular GPS receiver. It is the first receiver to use the Nemerix GPS chipset which is made in Switzerland and is regarded as one of the best chipsets available. The main advantage of this GPS receiver is that it has a 20+ hours run time, make this the lowest power consumption chipset currently available.

Devilfish said:
In saying this, I'm pretty sure that you will never get all 32 channels, or even 12 channels, connected at the one time. But at least the options there.
devil666x said:
should i spend more on a 32 channel one or just get a 12 channel? would i NOTICE any difference?
There are currently 28 satalites in orbit, it is only possible to pick up a maximum of 12 satalites at any one time wherever you are located, this is due due to the earths shape so in theory a 12 channel reciever is as good as a 32 channel BUT you have no way of recieving more should they launch more satalites, I have the holux gpSlim32 and would recommend it to anyone, cost about £60 ish

Devilfish said:
That's not bad but I bought one on ebay for £38 + £5 P+P and it's a 32 channel receiver whereas that one is only a 12 channel.

The one I got was a Holox BT-321 and you can leave it in your glove box and it'll still get a signal.

Same one as I got m8, works a treat, well worth the dosh IMO

same here mate...id recommend the holox bt-123, ive got this and works perfectly in the glove box...check fleabay mate..

I know this is off topic but how do I add the sound to a auction like the one above.

eyesofadj said:
Think may have been on before , but good deal -

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/product/8590.htm

bought this very same item from same place around 4 months ago. excellent piece of kit and delivery was fantastic too.

don't know much about all these channels lark except that this item works excellently with my p900

can't fault it and also cheapest i could find

mickbrush said:
I know this is off topic but how do I add the sound to a auction like the one above.
yeh i wass thinking the same

Bid for about 6 BT-321's trying to get price under £40, but lost out every time.
Ended up paying £43 inc. p&p, still not bad considering they are £49.99 plus p&p.

Back