Blue Ray Drive

Falkirk_Bairn

Inactive User
Reaction score
Mines seems to have just stopped working!
Still plays DVD's and stuff but wont play any games.

Phoned sony and they want £145 for a re-furbished ps3, fook that.
The thing is only 18 months old, built to last anyway. Didn't pay £300 odd quit for it to last that long then another £145 after 18 months!

Is it possible to buy a blue ray drive and fit it mysely of get it repaired elsewhere for less than the £145?

Mines seems to have just stopped working!
Still plays DVD's and stuff but wont play any games.

Phoned sony and they want £145 for a re-furbished ps3, fook that.
The thing is only 18 months old, built to last anyway. Didn't pay £300 odd quit for it to last that long then another £145 after 18 months!

Is it possible to buy a blue ray drive and fit it mysely of get it repaired elsewhere for less than the £145?

from repair shops they are roughly £100 fitted. Blu ray drives are pricey things. which model is it? (40.60.80) and have you tried a lens cleaner ?

i'd ram the sales of goods act down sonys throats, how dare they try and charge you that much for something as expensive as a ps3 when its only 18 months old!!

sent mine off to sony....phoned me up today saying the warranty sticker has been removed....bullshit...I sent it with the sticker intact 100%...but they want £145 for a refurb model....and only 3 months warranty....told them to stick it....what can I do?

ive got a similar prob with mine, it wont read anything? not even the lense cleaner!
its a 60g!!! any ideas ? im thinkin of just changein the drive, think that will work?
thanks
fire

There saying they need a recipt to prove i bought the thing now!

Anyone got copy of a ps3 recipt roughly 18 month old?

ive got a similar prob with mine, it wont read anything? not even the lense cleaner!
its a 60g!!! any ideas ? im thinkin of just changein the drive, think that will work?
thanks
fire

the drive has to be the right kind. i would not do it yourself the blu ray drive is a very delicate piece of equipment. Sony wont replace the 60gb any more they ask for the £145 for the refurb. hope this helps

Back