'Bloody Sunday Killings Were Unjustifiable'

You know the main topic from this thread...from what I see anyway is about the innocent people who were killed or injured, not about PIRA. All the families wanted was justice and now they have it. Surely thats a good thing. Maybe I am wrong and the thread can be interepted about the whole bloody Sunday enquiry

Because others have mentioned PIRA then I will respond with my tuppence.

I firmly believe that PIRA couldn't believe their luck after this happened, it was the biggest recruitment advert they could ever wish for and they were probably rubbing their hands with glee. They (PIRA) didn't give a toss how many innocent people were killed, those that were killed were NOT terrorists but there were terrorists at the rally and they knew something like this may have happened. The outrage swelled their ranks. Of course they may have sounded as if they cared, but they cared about no one but themselves, just like all terrorists, the deaths were a small price to pay in their campaign, ffs they terrorised their own people for decades after it happened if they didn't toe their line.

Would it make people happier if PIRA said sorry for their bloody campaign ???
For me it would mean absolutely nothing, a terrorist saying sorry for being a blood thirsty goibsh1te is just nonsense, they wouldnt mean it. A Government saying sorry is a whole different ball game.

The deputy 1st minister of NI thinks he come away from this smelling of roses but the fact it was stated he was involved and running around with a sub machine gun means he was partly to blame for it happening but he won't see it like that.

I hate all terrorists and probably hate the loyalists terrorists more than any others because they claim to represent me....they are NOT representing me. They can rot in hell for all I care.

Let's hope Justice has now been seen to have been done and those who suffered loss or were affected by the events of Bloody Sunday, can find closure and peace in there lives for the first time in a long time.
With some hope peace may come to Ireland again and the Peace Treaty will help to unite and prevent further atrocities like the above.

May those deceased now rest in peace and those affected find peace in there hearts to live a more peaceful life in the future.

The British Army/government acted wrongly in this situation and are guilty of these people's deaths, just as the IRA were guilty of similar atrocities.

But IF individual soldiers are singled out and charged then Adams and McGuiness and other IRA "officials" now in legitimate government positions need to be investigated and held accountable too.

Surely justice has to work both ways?

I think now the enquiry has published its results, it is time to draw a line under the past and move on.

The British Army/government acted wrongly in this situation and are guilty of these people's deaths, just as the IRA were guilty of similar atrocities.

But IF individual soldiers are singled out and charged then Adams and McGuiness and other IRA "officials" now in legitimate government positions need to be investigated and held accountable too.

Surely justice has to work both ways?

I think now the enquiry has published its results, it is time to draw a line under the past and move on.

well, surely it has to work all ways, theirs more than one paramilitary organization in northern ireland, alot of people seem to think IRA / British government when northern ireland is mentioned, i`m not positive but i`m sure there is 5 or 6 intotal, i`m sure someone will correct me.

regardless though, i truly do think one of the most hippocrytical things that could possibly happen is gerry adams, and martin mcguiness actually have some form of place in government, considering that like it or not, these two people on the catholic side are responsible for many murders, and i`m sure that there are equal people from the protestant side of things, who are in the exact same seats of power, being responsible for the same amount of murders. But ireland has to move on now, not forgive, just try and let the future gens get some peace.....

Back