Bloody cowboys

tlogic

Inactive User
Reaction score
I got a quote from someone who was willing to fit my kitchen,scope included all wiring , floor tilling and kitchen install for £950. I thought this was a bargain as the guy knew my dad. So I went with him. My kitchen is relatively small 3.5m x 2.8m. The guy did both my electrics and floor tiling no problem. Now as soon as he started fitting the kitchen thats where the **** up started, chipped cupboards, wrong mitre cuts ( idiot was using a circular saw and a jigsaw) wall units not hung properly, wrong size holes drilled for the handles, wall units not scribed to the wall so you now see big gaps between the wall and the unit the list goes on. Yesterday was the day I lost it with him , the guy used a jig saw to cut a miter joint for the cornice and he fixed it on top of the wall unit it looked terrible as the screw holding the cornice was drilled right the way through the wall unit. Luckily I have a mate who works for benmarx kitchen where I bought the kitchen from and he listed out everything that was wrong, the fitter even used end panels as filler panels and filler panels as end panels. Its going to cost me about £ 200 to put it right. Yesterday I told the fitter that as I already paid him £ 600 i wasn't going to pay him anymore as its going to cost me about £400 to put it right including labour. Luckily someone from work is going to sort out the kitchen for me for free which is a touch. Why cant people just say NO if they cant do something. Another jack of all trades master of none. I'm kicking myself now as I should of known better as I employ all kinds of subcontractors for construction projects and I always tell myself never go with the cheapest quote but when its your own money you automatically think differently .

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1377214860358.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377214860358.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 37
  • uploadfromtaptalk1377214876058.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377214876058.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 35
  • uploadfromtaptalk1377214898448.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377214898448.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
"When you buy quality you only cry once"
Like you say, you should have known if your in the trade.

Sorry to hear you got caught M8 - probably as well there are no more pictures! The cornice looks upside-down and there's no infill strips I can see.

:(

Back