blade freezing/ scrambled channels

richandtom2000

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi all, please help i recently bought a blade box and everything working fine until yesterday. the picture started freezing then went altogether ie scrambled channnel. i have spoken with the provider who says all other connections are fine. checked out the 9991 menu and says disconnected. re booted box and router no different. i have internet connect thru router on my ipad and done a speed test(thru ipad) = 8mb d/load but 0 u/load.
my provider telling me the connection between his server and me must be broken somewhere and he will try and ping me!! i cant understand as i have internet???
ive asked another server for a test line to see if that works.
any advice/ help would be appriciated.
cheers

ask for a few more test lines to see if it is your provider thats where my thoughts lie.
also at the time of your freezing etc what else was being used on the net ie downloading xbox etc as these can cause probs
have you tried checking your speed and ping out with something like speednettest to see if your isp provider had throttled back your service or your speed is what it should as this can cause problems even though you can access the net .
try other tests maybe reinstall firmware on your box check all settings and if possible try another router but do the speed test as i have had to get on to my isp in the past about speeds at peak time or your isp maybe doing maintenance work all will cause peoblems with this style of viewing
but all providers will tell you it is your equipment especially the sell em cheap and i can have a thousand clients running on my csp reshare brigade
just my thoughts but let us know how you get on

im assuming you got the blade 7000 HD.

what firmware have you loaded onto your box. the latest fw is 122p ...
the 119p fw had probs with some routers and was fixed with the 122p fw...just make sure you have the 122p fw...

yea running latest fw. i have a couple of test lines to try later, that should narrow it down.
also will try spare router. will let you know the outcome later.
also if my upload speed test is zero would this effect it.
cheers

yea running latest fw. i have a couple of test lines to try later, that should narrow it down.
also will try spare router. will let you know the outcome later.
also if my upload speed test is zero would this effect it.
cheers

yes i think it would effect things if your upload speed is zero,cause of the talk back to the server..... i might be wrong tho.....

yes i think it would effect things if your upload speed is zero,cause of the talk back to the server..... i might be wrong tho.....

Ok, I have pinged the router through lappy and got 8mb d/load 0.5mb upload. Changed cables etc. Got a 24hr test line put it in and still states, active on, status disconnected. Do I have to do anything else to get the test line working?

Got the 24hr working now, so does this point to the original server problems?

i should think so mate.. i had to try 2 servers b4 i got my box running without any problems.....

this is why you get too try before you buy to make sure all runs fine...

thanks for your help chaps, still in conversation with orginal server guy will let you know the outcome

update time...
i have had a new line from original server and still not working. the test line that worked was ncamd not cccam and have tried others since and all have not worked.
my problem started after i paused a footy game for 2 hours on time shift. when i went to restart i lost my server.
im going to factory reset box tonight and re flash firmware, maybe lost some settings when i disconnected box when froze.
anyone got a link for 25th april firmware?
by the way the server supplier has been top notch, if i cant sort. i will prob send back to him to sort.
Rich

i got it at home mate, so you can either wait till i upload it tonight or google it. google is you friend :)

Help still needed please, I taken my box to my mates and plugged into his virgin broadband and worked straight away. So I know the box is now ok. I've asked server guy to see if my ip is blocked and he says no. I can get Internet on/through my sky sagem router but it looks like I have a conflict of ip addys on my router, I'm pulling my hair out dooohhhh

Back