Blackburn Bouquets And Services

Oxford 2 looks to be ex-C&W? How long does BF Scan take- half an hour, or a few seconds? Nokia or Sagem?

Sounds like a weak signal issue to me, so let's have your BER / SNR / SIG approx readings from a working encrypted channel running your 'old' services file please.

Lastly, have you tried BFS with the box connected directly to the incoming feed, with a known-good F-to-Coax lead?

Cheers- AL :)

Oxford 2 as far as I know has always been ntl and I have a Nokia x2.

Not suspecting a weak signal as never had scanning issues prior to recent. BFS takes about 1/2 hr going through 300+ transponers, Fast scan fails in about 2 secs, though when it did work took about 30 secs.

Readings are :
BER - 150 SNR - 62K, SIG - 40K

and yes have tried scanning BFS and fast scan direct to incoming feed with known good connector.

Very puzzling , and very appreciative of any help you can tender :)

cheers, Freddy

All looks healthy there. Hmmm, a mystery...

During the BF Scan, are you seeing the actual Frequency for each transponder, or is each one reported as zero?

And just run your Scan Menu settings past us, please. Cheers- AL :confused:

All looks healthy there. Hmmm, a mystery...

During the BF Scan, are you seeing the actual Frequency for each transponder, or is each one reported as zero?

And just run your Scan Menu settings past us, please. Cheers- AL :confused:

Hi Al,

Yes, I see the transponder frequency on BFS.

ref scan modes, I've tried everything and all combinations, all zilch .

So, I'm going to give SS Enigma 4 a whirl

cheers for now, Freddy , very confused :)

Theory: Image has gone Read-Only therefore the newly scanned services and buckets files cannot overwrite the old ones.

Reflash with any image and it should sort itself out. But I'd stick with the same one, just to get it tamed, rather than let it beat me, LOL!

Theory: Image has gone Read-Only therefore the newly scanned services and buckets files cannot overwrite the old ones.

Reflash with any image and it should sort itself out. But I'd stick with the same one, just to get it tamed, rather than let it beat me, LOL!

Al,

I dont like being beaten either but ive reflashed many times trying to sort this out, and i can ftp in and overwrite files to my hearts content.

Just tried SS4, exactly the same results on scanning, something funny going on !!

But i will reflash, delete the services and bouqet files, re boot and rescan to see what happens !!
cheers

Freddy

Reflash and rescan no farther forward Al, so back to the drawing board !!

Have you tried the files i uploaded also if you have a vm stb go into the eng menu and check your symbol rate netid and frequency is the same as in the scan.conf file on the dbox.

Have you tried the files i uploaded also if you have a vm stb go into the eng menu and check your symbol rate netid and frequency is the same as in the scan.conf file on the dbox.

Hi and thanks for your suggestions and advice.

I have just tried your service files you posted and these all come up no channel found as well.

I did check my subbed box previously but just double checked again, and symbol rate, Net ID and frequency all as should be for Oxford 2 NTL, and consistent with my scan.conf file

6887, 00020, & 818250

still no farther forward im afraid :(

Have you tried pacino 2.1 image manually enter your details in the scan menu then turn fast on red to save, reboot the box check they have saved ok then try a fast scan.

Have you tried pacino 2.1 image manually enter your details in the scan menu then turn fast on red to save, reboot the box check they have saved ok then try a fast scan.

In the distant pass yes, but I'll give it another whirl !!

mmmm..slighty embarrased, cant find a copy of pacino 2.1, can you point me in the right direction ??

cheers

Freddy

Last edited:
Check your pm Fred:)

Quick update

Flashed Pacino 2.1 on and then tried every combination of scanning all with same blank result, nice to see the old transponder scanning picture though of the earth and satellies !!

So no farther forward :)

If its of any help to anyone that may be able to help I've attached my services file, in an excel format, and added a cleared column to show some examples of channels that cleared and those that didnt.

If anyone can offer any clues much appreciated.

Got my new card yesterday roughly how long do we have left before my dbox is retired & i have to pay for Sky Sports?

Back