The Dentist

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score

• BlackBerry Tablet OS (QNX)
  • 7" LCD Touchscreen
  • ARM Cortex A9 processor
  • HD front & rear cameras
Stylish, convenient, and wonderfully portable at just 10mm thin and 425g in weight, the desirable Blackberry P100-16WF PlayBook Tablet PC is everything you could want and more in an internet tablet!

Beautiful to behold and full of features, the P100-16WF PlayBook Tablet PC first catches your eye with its bright and vivid 7" LCD display. The multi-touch capacitive screen makes for fun and intuitive operation, whilst a dual-core 1GHz processor and 1GB of RAM drive performance along at a lively rate. There's 16GB of onboard storage space available as well for your documents and favourite multimedia files!

Running the user-friendly BlackBerry Tablet OS, the PlayBook Tablet PC is a delight to use from the moment you switch it on. You'll enjoy a unique level of security, multitasking efficiency, and seamless connectivity from the powerful QNX-based operating system.

The P100-16WF PlayBook Tablet PC's hardware is sure to impress, too, with its forward and rear-facing HD cameras, rich stereo sound from built-in speakers, and easy connectivity through Micro USB and Micro HDMI ports. Integrated 802.11 b/g/n WLAN technology allows easy hook-up to the internet at any WiFi hotspot, whilst Bluetooth technology provides easy wireless interaction with enabled devices. You can also connect effortlessly to your Blackberry smartphone for instantaneous access to email, calendar, address book, task list and BBM instant messaging.

With all of this on offer and more, you'll soon find the chic Blackberry P100-16WF PlayBook Tablet PC an invaluable part of your digital lifestyle!

ProcessorOMAP™ 4 Platform (OMAP4430): ARM Cortex A9 processor
- 1 GHz
- Dual-core
- Symmetric multi-processing
- Process node: 45nm
Operating systemBlackBerry Tablet OS (Based on QNX)
RAM1GB RAM
Screen type7" LCD Touch Screen
Screen resolution1024 x 600 pixels
Screen size7-inches
TouchscreenCapacitive
Screen featuresLED backlighting
Memory capacity16GB
Memory card slotNo
Device interfaceMicro USB
Wireless802.11 b/g/n (2.4GHz and 5GHz)
Bluetooth® 2.1+EDR
Internet connectionWiFi
Video interfaceMicro HDMI
Audio interface3.5mm jack

Connectivity
SoundBuilt-in stereo speakers
CameraFront facing camera (3MP HD) and rear facing camera (5MP HD)
Additional featuresGPS, accelerometer, gyroscope, digital compass, 3.5mm headset

Features
Accessories includedCharger with UK charging clip, neoprene sleeve, polishing cloth
Software includedLink to BlackBerry desktop software provided in quick start guide
Battery typeLithium-ion battery
Dimensions130 x 194 x 10 mm (H x W x D)
Weight425g

Additional information

Cheers mate I been after the xoom to dip in price for a while.not been too impressed with the ipad 2

Taken from HUKD #453

Quote "YES!!! I called the sales team on 08700870870 and they confirmed THIS IS DROPPING TO £199 TODAY in stores nationwide AND online - it should happen around 11AM - if you don't believe me phone them yourself."

Taken from HUKD #453

Quote "YES!!! I called the sales team on 08700870870 and they confirmed THIS IS DROPPING TO £199 TODAY in stores nationwide AND online - it should happen around 11AM - if you don't believe me phone them yourself."

Thinking i might invest in one of these if the price drops. Been looing at iPad for weeks now, and I do really want one. Just the price keeps putting me off.

There is a review on Youtube and the Xoom just pips the iPad2 in some areas. Obviously still concerned if I do get one, I won't like it.

Last edited:
I have decided to rate my tech purchases before buying

TECHNOLOGY + PRICE + NEED or WANT = Need? yes go out and buy the thing, Want? no way stay put do not buy - you will regret it.

I don't' think I've ever invested in things for me I need lol, I want it because its a gadget and a toy ;)

EDIT: Just watched another review, there are seriously no more than 40 tablet apps for Android??

Last edited:
Last edited:
That's if you are able to find stock that is.How does this compare with the advent Vega? I'm after an android tablet.

Back