Birmingham Down

MikeS

Inactive User
Reaction score
not picking up a single channel

done a reboot and brute force scan but nothing

not picking up a single channel

done a reboot and brute force scan but nothing

birmingham only listed as "set to receive new cards" maybe new channel mapping....try lraizers latest ultraphat img with new scanning map installed...

everything came back on last night

virgin status showed regional problem

sorry guys my bad

they were giving out new boxes in february

the channels were moved around a month ago

we are one of the last to go over N3, i am already with SKY on a decent offer

everything came back on last night

virgin status showed regional problem

sorry guys my bad

they were giving out new boxes in february

the channels were moved around a month ago

we are one of the last to go over N3, i am already with SKY on a decent offer
SKY on a decent offer ?????????? have you looked at your bill with your glasses on i never knew you could get a decent offer

where did you get this info from

it's the order VM are rolling out N3

1 - switch to 3.7 firmware

2 - area switched to NGTV and n3 stream present along side n1, this indicates the area is set to receive new cards (apparantly birminghams situation)

3- receive new cards

4 - switch off n1 stream 2 - 4 weeks later

wizardmods Satellite Forums

cheers

i pay £24.25 a month for full sky hd package

free install and box

for that amount i cant complain

as above 2 -4 weeks away

i pay £24.25 a month for full sky hd package

free install and box

for that amount i cant complain

as above 2 -4 weeks away

What do u mean about "as above 2-4 weeks away?"

Birmingham only got there channel line up 2 weeks ago, they are still doing installs with N1 cards, there has been NO N3 cards sent out, and no letters saying this will be happening anytime soon?

There was some very big problems in Brimingham, with channel line up's and boxes going off, losing channels etc, and this took alot of shifting for virmin and there engineers, they had to replace alot of boxes, then they did another update to update the update..lol

Dont get me wrong its not far away, but untill the first N3 card hits a door mat or is used to do an install, then no one will know how long iot will be!
we are in middle stages ATM, so we will be waiting for send out of cards, then the switch off of the N1 stream, seems to be a month or so yet.

MB

get use to it time to move on and find something else

why argue over the time period lol

how pedantic

for the sake of a few free months TV why bother

i got sky as soon as i knew N3 was coming out as i cant be arsed to count down the days

maybe it is called having a job as to why i am not interested

Last edited:
What do u mean about "as above 2-4 weeks away?"

there has been NO N3 cards sent out, and no letters saying this will be happening anytime soon?

MB

read the post "set to receive cards".....chk the stream m8....not worth being in denial, it's happening

read the post "set to receive cards".....chk the stream m8....not worth being in denial, it's happening

I was not digging, or even in denial about N3

I seen N3 in stream way before xmas when a log was posted while working on the 3_7 fix.

It matters not when it comes in to me, worked on cable for many years and only just moved back into a cable area.
I have cable subs and sky subs, i think i have a healthy intrest in whats going on, just dont understand why people think they need 2 put how long it will be when an area will lose there cable? i think u will see what i put was a bit more info about the change not when the change.
any area that has the N3 stream running will have "set to receive cards" you cannot put a date on it.

get use to it time to move on and find something else

why argue over the time period lol

how pedantic

for the sake of a few free months TV why bother

i got sky as soon as i knew N3 was coming out as i cant be arsed to count down the days

maybe it is called having a job as to why i am not interested

?? What?
Not argueing over time just stating fact!

I like the "for the sake of a few free months TV why bother" and the "maybe it is called having a job as to why i am not interested"

So all the FREE tv you have had from the hard work of others was not worth it? and the people that put many man hours into getting free tv for the mass dont have jobs?

I think what you have put is pedantic to those who have made sure you could goto work, and when you get home just kick back and watch the free tv, that others worked on after they finnished work!

God, as it got so bad that you cannot post a reply on something when you know they are not 100% right?
Does this now make you pedantic over a few weeks? when its the info your questioning?

Some people are waiting 4 N3 to hit there area's, those people are the 1's that will again be helping to get C/S up (even though we know its done)

I give up.................lol

MB

think you should limit yourself to 136 posts in 4 years

your flipping over nothing

You pay £24.25 a month for full sky hd package, how come, do you cs , i pay £28 a month for next to nothin channels

You pay £24.25 a month for full sky hd package, how come, do you cs , i pay £28 a month for next to nothin channels

well then maybe you should have got the sky half price deal like the rest off us

as i only pay £23.75 a month for the full sky hd package.:banana:

Recieved a new card through from virgin last week, can i just bin it and keep using my dbox2 or will channels be affected? edinburgh area!!

cheers.

Back