billy2hats

danny123

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi billy
thanks for all your help in the past we are able to rip a dvd to dvd as long as it is not longer than a 2 hour film is there any way to do a 3 hour film like (lotr) if we try it says not enough room on the media
cheers danny

i am gonna reply m8 i am just browsing a while in this new form we have:)

danny you need a program called re-mpeg and mad dvd, open mad dvd and enter the length of the movie, lets say 140mins, then the size you want to use on the disc i use 3.7gb it seems the best setting then set multilanguage to 0, it will give you a bitrate setting write it down then close mad dvd now start re-empeg click on open, select the movie file you ripped then it will do a log takes about 15-20mins when finished select options change scale factor to the nearest setting to the bitrate you wrote down then click encode it will take about 8-12 hrs but you will have a extra file about the size you required use this file as you would have before you re-empeged, dont change anything that you would normally do with .m2v file and ac3 file let me know if you need any more help

hi billy
thanks again for your help but the file you have put up for me to download is not opening up all i get is mci32 ocx i have to view it and its all oo could you just check it billy please
cheers danny

sorry danny it was the wrong file its been downloaded 8 times and nobodys said owt this is the correct 1 m8

hi billy
thanks alot for all your help i have manage to do it copy harry potter on to dvd so we are all sorted with that problem now could you give me any help on how to copy vcd to dvd i have been told there is a program you need to join them together
cheers danny

yes you can join them as long as they are in mpeg use tmpgenc
its widley available on the net start the programe and select mpeg tools and use the section cut and join its works ok just joined panic room today to go on dvd

hi billy
not having much suscess joining vcd could you give me a bit of step by step help billy thanks again
cheers danny

Time to rip

Looking at these threads 8-12hrs to rip a dvd.

Who is kidding who?
I use smart ripper,And it takes 4hrs to rip a 90min dvd...........

Re: Time to rip

Originally posted by iambigben
Looking at these threads 8-12hrs to rip a dvd.

Who is kidding who?
I use smart ripper,And it takes 4hrs to rip a 90min dvd...........

well if you read the posts you would see we are not talking about ripping the movie but re-encoding it to make the film fit on a 4.7dvdr
i also use smartripper and it takes me 20mins to rip a 3hr movie

4hrs to rip a 90min dvd you must be using an old 486 m8 get yourself a faster dvd16x at least and upgrade your pc

Back