Bike Choice

Manse

Inactive User
Reaction score
Doing my bike test very soon so time to look for a bigger bike.
I've wanted a fazer 600 for ages, i like the look and have never read a bad review on them 98-02 older one.
or Suzuki bandit 600, same again very good read ups.
Has any of the bike riders on here got any input or ever rode either.
Mostly for work 40mile ish a day can go the m/way or my route is also A roads n twisty speed limit road.

Father in law has had a Fazer, same one you posted above, for years and has never had issue with it. Build quality seems good, easy to service, good 2 up, quite happy to sit and cruise at 80-90 all day long and you get some kind of fairing. I don't know anyone who's owned a bandit but have read good things about them but I don't think the build quality is quite up there with the Fazer as the bandit was build as a budget bike.

I owned a bandit 600 for 5 years , it was a great bike. Very reliable only thing i had to replace on it was a battery and tyres . I bought a bandit 12 when i sold the 6 , very happy with the 12 too . :)

My neighbour had the fazer 600 for around 18 months, loved it so much he replaced it with a fazer 900. Good reliability and unusually for a yamaha of that era, good gearbox as well. Finish is good as long as you look after it. Ideal to commute but great for weekends as well.

Can't remember if they did a model without the fairing but I would definately get one with.

I've got a 2001 Fazer and it's a fantastic bike. Are you doing Direct Access? If not, you'll need to restrict it and I don't know how they perform restricted.

I've had no problems with mine, it's good for just nipping out, riding to work, going out on a decent run on twisties, etc. I took it to the south of Spain a couple of years ago and it handled that with no issues.

I've had mine for around 5 years and it's not showing any signs that it'll need replacing any time soon.

There's also a very decent Fazer forum out there. I can find the address if you need it.

hmm i had both bikes, if your just passing your test i would get the bandit, no offence mate it takes years to build up a good riding history and i still am only learning to corner properly after 8 years

in saying that...the fazer probs had the best brakes i have ever had on any bike, but i like my gsr600 mainly as you can get a 3 year old one for about £3000 which is pretty good me thinks

I read a review once in a bike mag or MCN. The verdict was that the FZ6 and the FZ1 are/were one of the best bike(s) on the road!

I have a 2002 Fazer 600, had it for 2 1/2 years now. Never missed a beat. Great first bike. Great brakes etc. Loads of bits available on flea bay at cheap prices. Worth a look for sure.

my mate has got a Kawasaki 600 road bike and he does a 80 mile round trip to work , he said its the best bike hes had. top build quality never lets him down.

Thanks for the info guys.
Just got back from 3hours in the UK's biggest bike showroom and my heads hurting lol
Looks like the fazer could be it but want one with the fox eye head lights 2002+
I've got about 3yrs on road experience last 2 almost daily so i'm doing mode1 and 2 soon for full license.
i'm 43 so insurance shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks for the info guys.
Just got back from 3hours in the UK's biggest bike showroom and my heads hurting lol
Looks like the fazer could be it but want one with the fox eye head lights 2002+
I've got about 3yrs on road experience last 2 almost daily so i'm doing mode1 and 2 soon for full license.
i'm 43 so insurance shouldn't be a problem.

Good choices mate :) Same bikes I been thinking of getting once I pass my test :) done cbt a month or so ago :)

Going to do Mod1 + 2 soon as well once I have a few months on the road experience. (prob Aug)

Back