Mobile Phones BEWARE virgin mobile!!!

jenreban

DW Member +
Reaction score
Just so people know virgin mobile at the moment are capping data speeds of 2meg up and 1/2 meg down.
My speed has been rubbish the last week or so and after thinking my nexus was faulty it had been announced today
that virgin are trialing a speed cap but no details on for how long!

So 6 weeks into a 24 month contract i have found out my unlimited data is capped to 3.5gb, i cannot tether anymore
and to top it all my max speed is 2Mb when my nexus 4 connects to an HSDPA:15 cell :(

The other shit thing is if you were a heavy user who obviously tethered you are being sent a letter giving you the option to cancel contract.
bullshit company :Angryfire

Just so people know virgin mobile at the moment are capping data speeds of 2meg up and 1/2 meg down.
My speed has been rubbish the last week or so and after thinking my nexus was faulty it had been announced today
that virgin are trialing a speed cap but no details on for how long!

So 6 weeks into a 24 month contract i have found out my unlimited data is capped to 3.5gb, i cannot tether anymore
and to top it all my max speed is 2Mb when my nexus 4 connects to an HSDPA:15 cell :(

The other shit thing is if you were a heavy user who obviously tethered you are being sent a letter giving you the option to cancel contract.
bullshit company :Angryfire

Cancel and go with three on all you can eat data :)

they have changed there t&c's so there is your get out clause :)

o2 do it when you've used your paid bolton.

The networks cant handle the amount of traffic thats why the all stopped the unlimited but some have come back now only due to updates on the network.
As soon as 4g hits, it will go back unlimited but probably with a "fair usage"

from what am told o2, have got the best spectrum and should cover 98% IN DOORS by 2016.

Cancel and go with three on all you can eat data :)

they have changed there t&c's so there is your get out clause :)

there is something in their T&C regarding traffic management so there is no cancelling the contract because of this change.

Well I am waiting on a reply to an email I sent them.
There is nothing in their terms about lowering my service which a cap on speed is.
5.3 of their terms of service state " you have the right to cancel contract if we make a significant change.
To me capping my speed to 1.9 mb is significant!!!
Should have stayed with t mobile at least their cap was 3.8 mb.

Back