Best way to scan for services on 7025?

delectable

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,
I've finally got my motorised dish set up perfectly, and was wondering what the best way to scan for services on the 7025 / latest Gemini image.

The automated scan seems to do nothing, whilst if i do a manual scan picking a particular frequency, symbol rate, and FEC, it scans in a limited selection of channels successfully.

Is the manual scan the only way to go? It seems a bit long-winded.
Or, is there an easier way to scan in all available services on a given sat?

Regards,
J.

i changed from a technomate 1500 blind scan reciever to a gemini based dreambox. the technomate used to scan every satellite in less than 20 mins, for the dreambox to do the same takes a few hours

just the sky satellite takes over 25 mins m8, just set it going, choose the sats you want to scan and watch a dvd or 2 while it does it lol

Thanks Digidue.
When you say select satllites, i've pulled every single one into my satellie.xml file via the blue panel.
Will the automatic scan use this file and try to scan every satellite in it?

If so, presumably i'd be better off starting again with this and just loading in the sats i can actually get?

So you reckon, use the automatic scan function?
Will this scan absolutely all freqs / symbol rates etc?

Regards.

ive deleted everything outside of 42E-30W, then go into multisat scan and youll have a list of the satellites in your xml file, highlight each one and press left/right so it says ALL next to each one, go right down the list doing this tyhen at the bottom it says SCAN. start it going, it can take up to 15 mins to get its first lock before it starts then depending on how many satellites youve set up can take anything from a few mins to a few hours to complete, i know mine takes hours lol

it wont scan ALL frequencies etc, only what its got in its database so youll find channels are missing and then have to manually add them, details can be founf at www.lyngsat.com

Back