Best way to Backup Original games to play on RGH

samfisher

Reaction score
What is the best way to Store a game backup (maximum compatibility)?

I recently got my xbox 360 (Aug 2011 model) RGH'd; I had a lot of games installed to my 320GB internal HDD prior to RGH.

I am currently on FSD 3 and I am able to play these backups from under "HDD1/Content/0000000000000000"

1. My question now is how do I store the game backups? Do I install the games to HDD and then take backup?
Or do I use DVD Extractor to Rip the XEX and other files from the original DVD?

I intend to take backup of my original titles and sell them off.

2. The only way I see to launch the backups (from method 1 and 2 above) is via the file manager and then clicking on the extension less File or the XEX file. Is there any way I can see these games in the DASH?

3. Do I need to install XEX Menu? Can it be installed besides FSD?

Would appreciate your expert opinion on the aforementioned questions.

Cheers
Sam (RGH Noob)

rip originals with xbox backup creator, tbh I nfind it quicker to just download via newsgroups and rip the iso's with exiso.
games can be put anywhere on internal or external fat32 usb drive, you just need to set the scan paths within FSD's settings

Backup dvd in FSD?

If you have setup the gamepath to USB HDD, you can select that location as well. Most people have a folder called "Games" on the root of the HDD.

Thank you guys,

I was able to get my games in FSD after setting the Scan paths properly.

As I mentioned I am trying to backup my original DVDs and sell them; and I see two options for the same; use DVD extractor in FSD -> output XEX format file with other files.

OR install it to HDD using normal install feature from XBOX; this creates a .data folder with lots of Data files numbered sequentially (I guess this is what the GOD format looks like)

My concern now is related to games with multiple discs; like BF3 and Mass Effect 2

I used DVD Extractor utility to rip the DVDs; I now have the following structure on my external HDD:

X:\XboxGames\Battlefield3\Disc1
X:\XboxGames\Battlefield3\Disc2

X:\XboxGames\MassEffect2\Disc1
X:\XboxGames\MassEffect2\Disc2

I chose Mass Effect disc 2 from "My Xbox360 games" under FSD; the game launched asked me to insert first disc and then started off on its own; within a min I got a "Fatal crash intercepted" message

Do you folks deal with this often? Is GOD format better than XEX (DVD Extract)?

Also do I need XEX Menu alongwith FSD?

Many Thanks,
SF

Back