Best thing to relieve torn bicep?

yottabit

DW Member ++
Reaction score
Hi there, i have a tendancy to get into arm wrestling when drunk. The problem is the next day normally if the arm wrestle has been intense then i have a persistant torn feeling in my bicep. I have had this before and the doc said just take ibropofeon and it should be ok. I have tried but it does not seem to work at all. Any other ideas?

Also i have been resting it and just doing cardio enstead of weights but i can still feel it a couple of days later.

glad it didnt end like this:

YouTube - Arm Wrestler Breaks Arm During Match!

Cheers,
Nick

I do stretch first but it don't seem to work. Oh and i wont be arm wrestling anymore lol

I do stretch first but it don't seem to work. Oh and i wont be arm wrestling anymore lol

Until the next time lol! Been there and done that! My arm always aches near the elbow if I start arm wrestling. Last night after several beers we ended up having a push up competition and that other one where you put your neck on one chair and your heels on another and pass a ball or bottle around your body! My neck is very sore this morning but at least I won!

I bet that you have torn it in the past and its not healed right, thus causing a repetitive injury every time you stress it ?

Ibuprofen by oral route is ok with joint aches etc, but does not do much for muscular aches and pains... Try Voltrol gel applied to the area mate, this is the same family of medicines iirc (Diclofenic, Non steroidal anti inflammatory drug - NSAID) but works on the area its applied rather than the body as a whole :)

DISCLAIMER - Make sure you can use this medicine BEFORE USE ! Speak to the pharmacist, they are as qualified as your GP (if not more) when it comes to medicines and advice.

Until the next time lol! Been there and done that! My arm always aches near the elbow if I start arm wrestling. Last night after several beers we ended up having a push up competition and that other one where you put your neck on one chair and your heels on another and pass a ball or bottle around your body! My neck is very sore this morning but at least I won!

Lol at least ya did! hopefully i don't do it again but when you have a drink as you say you can't help yourself. Not had a pushup comp yet but im sure i'd rather do that lol

also cheers Rs2k Rider for the advice, i will give it a go.

Cheers,
Nick

Back