best place to sell car

pspmixer

Inactive User
Reaction score
where is best place to sell a car, ive tried e bay, gumtree, preloved, newspaper, autotrader but ive had no joy at all selling this. trying to sell it as looking at buying a new car
any ideas or thoughts will be greatful
thanks

where is best place to sell a car, ive tried e bay, gumtree, preloved, newspaper, autotrader but ive had no joy at all selling this. trying to sell it as looking at buying a new car
any ideas or thoughts will be greatful
thanks

ebay 4 me m8

I meant have you checked prices of comparable cars - is it in the right price range? If fleabay then plenty of information and good pictures help.

I meant have you checked prices of comparable cars - is it in the right price range? If fleabay then plenty of information and good pictures help.
yes same price range, in local car show room same used car as mine is £1000 more and its a yea old then mine
I had 2 pictures and full description on e bay, posted same description on other sites too, autotrader did the listing for me as they took pictures and description too

yes same price range, in local car show room same used car as mine is £1000 more and its a yea old then mine
I had 2 pictures and full description on e bay, posted same description on other sites too, autotrader did the listing for me as they took pictures and description too

You could be just unlucky or maybe time of year? If you post some details of the car you'll probably get a few opinions back :)

when l sell on ebay or autotrader (internet one) you have to have better ad than anyone else , ie loads of pictures , different colour text and so on , u have to stand out

only pay for one picture on ebay and the rest insert img links from imageshack or the same as

Last edited:
when l sell on ebay or autotrader (internet one) you have to have better ad than anyone else , ie loads of pictures , different colour text and so on , u have to stand out

only pay for one picture on ebay and the rest insert img links from imageshack or the same as
I thought it was eye catching also thought price wound of made people look too

There are members here in the trade. You would be better to post an example of your ads and get an informed opinion on where you might be going wrong.

Autoexpress done a sell your car article last week. I think eBay came out quite well.

I believe they take 1% commission.

(TT)

You say you had it listed on ebay, did you have any bids on it at all ?

What make, model, trim, year, mileage, condition is it in. I'll try and get you a CAP price on it.

There are members here in the trade. You would be better to post an example of your ads and get an informed opinion on where you might be going wrong.

Autoexpress done a sell your car article last week. I think eBay came out quite well.

I believe they take 1% commission.

(TT)
oh right didn't know that

You say you had it listed on ebay, did you have any bids on it at all ?

What make, model, trim, year, mileage, condition is it in. I'll try and get you a CAP price on it.
yes I did up £2,900

model ford fiesta climate 2007 59,000 used but in great condition one or two scratchs but nothing noticeable

oh right didn't know that

yes I did up £2,900

model ford fiesta climate 2007 59,000 used but in great condition one or two scratchs but nothing noticeable

Sorry, also need to know
- engine size
- fuel type (petrol or diesel)
- auto or manual
- and also Climate came in Style and Zetec trim.
- 56, 07 or 57 plate ?

Just to give you a rough idea. 1.4 Petrol Zetec Climate, 3 door. 07 plate with 59k on clock. In clean condition, dealer buying price is £2,575 and sell at £3,825. Obviously private prices will vary.

Last edited:
Sorry, also need to know
- engine size
- fuel type (petrol or diesel)
- auto or manual
- and also Climate came in Style and Zetec trim.
- 56, 07 or 57 plate ?

Just to give you a rough idea. 1.4 Petrol Zetec Climate, 3 door. 07 plate with 59k on clock. In clean condition, dealer buying price is £2,575 and sell at £3,825. Obviously private prices will vary.

engine size - 1.25L
petrol
manual
climate style
07 plate

For Climate (No front fog lights). Forecourt Price / Buying Price
3 door 3695/2475
5 door 3950/2700

Zetec (With front fog lights)
3 door 3825/2575
5 door 4095/2800

As a rough guide, I would expect private sale to be around 10% to 15% lower compared to dealer prices.

For Climate (No front fog lights). Forecourt Price / Buying Price
3 door 3695/2475
5 door 3950/2700

Zetec (With front fog lights)
3 door 3825/2575
5 door 4095/2800

As a rough guide, I would expect private sale to be around 10% to 15% lower compared to dealer prices.
I had a reserve of £3000 on it as its all I want but still didn't sell anywhere,
id thought also if list at £3000 id get quick sale

I had a reserve of £3000 on it as its all I want but still didn't sell anywhere,
id thought also if list at £3000 id get quick sale

As mentioned, location makes a difference and tbh the run up to xmas is not ideal as people make fewer car purchases. I would suggest stick with it, it may take a couple of weeks but it should eventually go.

If you are desperate, you can always try the 'we buy any car' bunch but beware, though they offer you a reasonable price online when you go to drop it off they suddenly start finding faults to knock the price down.

As mentioned, location makes a difference and tbh the run up to xmas is not ideal as people make fewer car purchases. I would suggest stick with it, it may take a couple of weeks but it should eventually go.

If you are desperate, you can always try the 'we buy any car' bunch but beware, though they offer you a reasonable price online when you go to drop it off they suddenly start finding faults to knock the price down.
we buy any car offered me £1,500 online price so that's a no go

we buy any car offered me £1,500 online price so that's a no go

£1,500. They taking the p**s. They should know the real book value as they use CAP like most of the industry.

Back