best patch for pvr on 5402?

headwest

Inactive User
Reaction score
A m8 is currently using patch 125 on 5402 all working great on 28.2. He has tried recording to usb hd and patch 125 is crap on pvr function, constantly stuttering making any recording unwatchable. So anyone advise which patch is best for a fixed dish install. He's not bothered about hardstation etc. He wants 7 day epg and recording. Any advice?

Cheers

i know what you mean mate, ive tested every patch ever released, the only 1 ive found to record fine is patch 1.12p. 7 day epg works aswell. hope this helps

Has anyone got a copy of 112p to share? I've tried loads today, I have 111p but not 112p, from the collection I have, 124p performed best. But 124p is not good enough, it still has the odd stuttering episode. Has anyone ever tried using pvr with original f/w without the add on? I wonder if pvr even works then? It should do as thats what tm put on the cover of the box! Trade descriptions act and all that.... lol.

Cheers

Hi again headwest,

Actually there were two versions of 112... here's the other one...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Many thanks I will give both versions a try.

1.17 should work fine for you too, I'm using 1.25 and I don't have any issues tbh, is your Hard Disk separately powered by any chance, also, could it be a speed issue? I know of I use say a 8gb pen drive, recordings in SD are fine, however HD ones are unwatchable, that's solely down the the actually speed of the pen drive.

Hi again headwest et al,

Re: recordings made from TM receiver/s to external HDD

Q/ How often do you perform a full defragmentation of your external HDD...?

Perhaps this is where the problem lies...?

Just a suggestion...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Hi again headwest et al,

Re: recordings made from TM receiver/s to external HDD

Q/ How often do you perform a full defragmentation of your external HDD...?

Perhaps this is where the problem lies...?

Just a suggestion...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Thats a very interesting observation mate - I'd never even have THOUGHT of doing a defrag on my 500GB external hard disc in over two years of having it!
I suppose it would have to be done via my pc separately though - as surely it cannot be carried out 'in situ' on my TM6900HD Super?:Biggrin2:

Hi holmroad,

I suppose it would have to be done via my pc separately...

Yes mate... just plug your HDD into your PC then use your defragmentation program... I use 'Defraggler'... it's free and it's regularly updated... if you have not got this on your PC already... it can be found here...

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Hi again all,

Another thing I have been wondering about... if you have lost/deleted recordings/files from your external HDD... could you also recover them to your PC and then add them back into your external HDD file system...?

NB
I have not tried this myself because I hardly ever record anything... but there is another program (from the same stable as 'Defraggler') called 'Recuva' which purports to be able to do this... and again it's a free program... it can be found here...

Code:

It would be interesting to know if this program is actually able to successfully recover any lost/deleted recordings from an external HDD... and if it is possible... can the recordings be viewed again...?

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Last edited:
Cheers for all the input guys. We are not trying to record to hd, just memory sticks. Tried a 4 and 16gb stick.

@ZOrch and to whom concerns (without wanting to hijack)
Contig does the same like defraggler but much more faster (command line)
Just to be clear : You will never be able to recover lost files on yr harddisk after a CONTIG or DEFRAGGLER as they are very good at cleaning up and re-arranging the files.
Also I wonder if a defragmentation of an usb stick is usefull/meaningfull as an usbstick is memory and the memory is accessed in a whole different way than physical Ide/Sata.As a matter of fact, never defrag for example a SSD Harddisk as this will certainly **** up the Disk reading/write times and that is not usefull.

Owkay, now that you know the defrag stuff you can use this very very very GOOD FREE german utility (the best free thing around) to recover whatever that is left on yr harddisk/usb stick ....
PC Inspector - kostenlose Software fr die Datenrettung von CONVAR - Die Datenretter.

Also if you want to erase to the bone with encryption never to be recovered you can use this free utility ERASER :
Eraser

I hope this info was interesting read ;)

The recording problems could indicating a faulty USB ? (voltage ....)
It could be that the type of usb stick used is no good. (TM just loves certain brands it seems ...)
Maybe the formatting is not ok ?

Last edited:
Hi again all,

Another thing I have been wondering about... if you have lost/deleted recordings/files from your external HDD... could you also recover them to your PC and then add them back into your external HDD file system...?

NB

I have not tried this myself because I hardly ever record anything... but there is another program (from the same stable as 'Defraggler') called 'Recuva' which purports to be able to do this... and again it's a free program... it can be found here...

Code:

It would be interesting to know if this program is actually able to successfully recover any lost/deleted recordings from an external HDD... and if it is possible... can the recordings be viewed again...?

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Yes mate, I accidentally deleted a load of family phots and Recuva 'recovered' them all for me!
I suppose it would also be useful in reverse to find a prog which really WOULD 'delete' items since we know that the standard recycle system does NOT! lol!!:Biggrin2:

(As for the defrag I actually use Auslogics Defrag which is also very good!)

a 16gb flash drive from medion works well on my tm5402hd ci super on hd and sd channels.i bought a new tv and it had a recording function and this was the recommended usb to use.it was on special offer for under a tenner from a--- a well known german supermarket.

a 16gb flash drive from medion works well on my tm5402hd ci super on hd and sd channels.i bought a new tv and it had a recording function and this was the recommended usb to use.it was on special offer for under a tenner from a--- a well known german supermarket.

sorry i forgot to mention i am on patch 125.

Back