Best In Ear Headphones i have owned

stihl260

DW Top Poster +
Reaction score
Just thought i would share my opinion with others.
If anyone is looking for a decent pair of in ear heaphones then then try these Sennheiser CX300 II Precision.
I like my music and have tried many diffrent brands over the years, Koss, Skullcandy, etc.
But these Sennheisers are in a league of their own!
I have managed to pick out background detail & little tweaks in songs i hadn't noticed before with other headphones.
The cushion cups which come in three different sizes can be worn for long periods of time with no noticeable discomfort.
They even come in Eco freindly packing.
Got mine from here:
Play.com (UK) : Sennheiser CX300 II Precision ECO Headphones (Black) : Electronics - Free Delivery
but no doubt if you shop around you may get them cheaper.

play were doing the cx500 for only a tenner b4 xmas, i own these and the cx500 and the cx500 are far superiour sound quality wise.
but imho the best phone ive ever owned, and ive owned many high quality phones ie shures e5c, e4, se310s, eytomics,ue 10s, 5s, boss (forget model but were over a tonne in price) -
i digress the best phones are defo the sleek sa6 with w1 adaptor. ive had these babys for over a year now with no sign of them failing (touch wood). but they are very expensive - the other phones ive mentioned are total garbage in comparison, they last 3 months then fail - the sleeks just seem to keep going and the leads are replaceable.

Creative labs do a similar model - exactly the same and made in the same factory to the same spec at half the price : [ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Creative-EP-630-Noise-Isolating-Earphones/dp/B0009G6FQI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1263544119&sr=8-1]Creative Labs EP-630/A Noise Isolating Earphones: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo[/ame]

I have the skullcandy ones, and cannot complain. Best in ear headphones I have ever had. Not bad for £30.

How do you know that? not saying your lieing but the images look very different to me.

hotukdeals a few years back! i have a pair of the creative labs because of this,

the only difference on the new CX300 mk2's is the left hand 3.5 jack.

google it.

cheers i seen these wasn't sure if they were any good or not :)

Ive just bought these. Very good bassy sound. Very impressed.

Koss spark plugs by a long way, i've had sennheiser and such, but the Koss urinate all over them for sound quality

[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/iSpark-Portable-Isolation-Headphones-iPhone/dp/B001D6ZACI/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1263582538&sr=1-13]Koss iSpark Portable Isolation Earbud Headphones for: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo[/ame]

Koss spark plugs by a long way, i've had sennheiser and such, but the Koss urinate all over them for sound quality

I had some of these last year and on sound quality they are good, but the problem i found is that if you use them for long periods of time (9hrs solid), the foam deteriates and you spend alot of time pushing them back in as they fall out when you move your head.
During the summer i spend alot of time on Ride on Machinery and listen to music all day with my phone on Hands free.
So some times i have earphones in my rears for up to 12 hrs solid, so i soon find out whats comfy and dont cause sore ears!

I had a similar problem when i worked in the foundry, I built my own headphones with my ear defenders, i just put some small speakers out of a pair of sony cans inside my ear defenders.

I had some of these last year and on sound quality they are good, but the problem i found is that if you use them for long periods of time (9hrs solid), the foam deteriates and you spend alot of time pushing them back in as they fall out when you move your head.
During the summer i spend alot of time on Ride on Machinery and listen to music all day with my phone on Hands free.
So some times i have earphones in my rears for up to 12 hrs solid, so i soon find out whats comfy and dont cause sore ears!

Value for money wise, I'll never buy anything except Sennheiser.

I was advised to buy a pair of £25 HD202's and they are better than my old £55 Technics.

Im happy with my sennheiser IE8's, a bit pricey but great sound:banana:

how do the look so different? they're identical!!

i was looking more at the cord and the jack than the phones. I just thought if they were made in the same factory on the same line they would be totaly identical.

Like i said before i wasnt doubting you it is just good to know if it saves me money.

Back