Best free anti-virus?

NL7

Inactive User
Reaction score
Anyone recommend me the best free anti-virus software please? Needed for 4-5 months approx... Should allow me to use my card online without worrying about details being stolen..

There's:
Avira
Avast
AVG
Others?

But not sure which one to go for...

Anyone recommend me the best free anti-virus software please? Needed for 4-5 months approx... Should allow me to use my card online without worrying about details being stolen..

There's:
Avira
Avast
AVG
Others?

But not sure which one to go for...

For me it would be AVG pal

:)

avast is good use it on all the computers even on the rest of the family use it and never had a problem...

Ive used AVG combined with Adaware lavasoft for years with no problems there both free.

A great site for advice and downloads is (major geeks) an awsome pc site loads and loads of free downloads :Fish:

Also make sure you have got your windows defender running aswell loads of people dont activate it and keep it upto date :proud:

Windows Security Essentials

We're looking to adopt it at work as it intergrates with SCCM (soon, anyway)

suppose its a toss up between avast & avg......

cheers guys, appreciate the help :)

Last edited by a moderator:
i used to use AVG but over the last few years it has become so full of holes its pathetic.
i did for 2 years go down the kaspersky route and pay for my AV but now every system i use is running, Windows Security Essentials

Another MSE user here, plus vipre (that's not free but one of my clients is paying for it).

Apparently there are some improvements coming in MSE v2 which is in beta at the moment.

Back