Beginner questions.

PhilBeardmore

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've been reading the posts on here for some time now and I'd like to thank you all for the wealth of information out there. It has however caused me some confusion which I hope you can help with.

I've just ordered a Spiderbox and I've read through all the setup guides, but I'm concerned as it mentions loading a patch etc. should I activate the gift prior to activating the gift or not? I've read somewhere that if you apply the patch wrong, you could lose the gift altogether.

Also, what is the gift? I've heard it referred to as gift, service+. Are these the same thing? I get the mores soon that service+ is access to s e restricted channels without a time limit, and the gift is access to neovostream for a year which again is access to restricted channels.

I haven't got round to reading about neovostream yet.

An help would be appreciated.

BTW - I've just installed my first motorised dish so as you can tell I'm a noob.

Cheers guys
Phil

You really can't go wrong by following this guide
https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/235147/
but take note of post 13 regarding Neuvostream.

Also on the latest patches the names of some options have changed however the functions remain the same
e.g. on the Network screen CCCAM has become Client.
Careful reading will explain all and it's all straightforward

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Rocky. So the firs thing to do is put a natch on it then activate the service+(once ive setu the network).
from the post you pointed me to I now understand that the gift is service+ only which. Have a channel list for.

How often would I need to re-patch the box or can you just put a patc on it and leave it, then just update the keys as and when.

Thanks

Thanks Rocky. So the firs thing to do is put a natch on it then activate the service+(once ive setu the network).
from the post you pointed me to I now understand that the gift is service+ only which. Have a channel list for.

How often would I need to re-patch the box or can you just put a patc on it and leave it, then just update the keys as and when.

Thanks

Patches are not very frequent and as it takes less than say 5 minutes to do well worth doing, between patches simply update the softkeys when they change.

Patches will load keys as well, normally old ones as well so need to load softcam over them.

Yes what can happen is a patch will be made and sometimes be sent to certain members to check before being released, so the keys might well be out of date when it is released.
So do as Manic01 says and install the latest softkey after patching, that way you know you have the most up to date receiver possible.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your help to date. I've now got my motorised dish setup and tracking the satelletes perferctly. I've got my SD5000 hooked up but I want to activate the gift. I've been told to use the latest patch which I have (2.32) but when I go into Service+ in the network section and select authorisation it asks for an ID and password. I've also tried a Darman patch 2.15 but still the same (except service+ seems to be called Xstream).

Can anyone help?? I'm tearing my hair out! :)

Cheers

Back