Banned Household Chemicals

MH

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
For all you budding gardeners out there.....no pun intended...;)

Our good old EU have decided to ban some of our favourite garden and household chemicals, as per below.

We have until the end of the year to use them, but if we still have some chemicals, substances around we must dispose of them by the 31st march 04

24 July 2003 – last day for sale by any person;
31 December 2003 – last day of use by any person; and
31 March 2004 – last day for storage (for the purposes of disposal only).

A number of pesticide products are being withdrawn at the end of this year as a result of an EC review which is designed to make sure that all pesticides on sale have been shown to be safe. This note will help you check whether a product you purchased before 24 July this year (the last date on which they could be sold) is involved.

These withdrawals are being made for commercial reasons. Replacement, environmentally improved, versions of nearly all the products to be withdrawn are now approved and on sale. Under the strict rules that control pesticides all products that are being phased out have a ‘last date for use’. That is why certain older products must not be used after the end of this year.

I have attached a list of products that are being withdrawn and banned.

well u can thank laughing boy and his cronies for that!!!!...maybe they will stop the cows s***ing in the fields next....too much methane gas!!!.......lol. hey laughing boy (Blair)...... :salute: ...lmao

They say contact your local council, who can arrange collection or notify you of their local drop of point

So you pay for it (council tax & such) to be disposed of, then its dumped in a hole somewhere :Hit:

Be nice if the hole were'nt in this country (for a change):Hit:

@ Gary No m8! lol The guy is Nicki Pedersen 2003 World Champion, from Denmark. Used to ride for us (Newcastle Diamonds) a couple of years back. Gutsy & fearless little chap :Hit:

I was very happy that he won it, which is why I put it in my siggy.

Was gonna put a piccy of me up to let you compare LMAO, but have'nt got a scanner.

Maybe later LOL

:Hit:???

This thread is about Household Chemicals, and it is on the Main Site News lol.

But for a laugh! If I said "I rode in a Diamonds race jacket" that would not be a lie :)

I dunno!:) whatever happened to anonimity around here :( :salute:

LMFAO

u'v lost me now Diomond m8, all i asked was if u have rode for the toon diamonds, cos probs my old man may have known you...

Diamond said:
So you pay for it (council tax & such) to be disposed of, then its dumped in a hole somewhere :Hit:

Be nice if the hole were'nt in this country (for a change):Hit:

Look on the bright side, atleast you dont live in Cheshire where they are planning to store (dump) toxic waste in the tunnels of the salt mines......grrr

This government is a bunch of :Jester: :Jester: :Jester:

we need to :Kickassro

Back