bank transfer?

mwflivpak

Inactive User
Reaction score
im selling a iphone 4s white and the guy transfered the money via bank transfer. it has shown up in the account. i will be posting the phone on monday..

i just wanted to make sure i am not getting scammed after a sorry paypal experience...

Thanks

Safe mate.

Only ever accept cash/bank transfer for stuff like that.

They ALWAYS try it on with Gumtree.....lol

a bank transfer cannot be reversed mate better doing it cash or bank transfer with things like the iPhone etc
Don't want to be a party pooper, but a bank transfer can be cancelled. It is exactly the same as a cheque, all the talk about how safe it is is rubbish it is just a way for the banks to charge more.
A bank transfer shows up on your balance straight away and it also confirms that the other person has the funds available but it still takes the normal time to clear and can be cancelled during that time.

Look up account flashing.

Where abouts in West Africa did you post it to? ;)

Don't want to be a party pooper, but a bank transfer can be cancelled. It is exactly the same as a cheque, all the talk about how safe it is is rubbish it is just a way for the banks to charge more.
A bank transfer shows up on your balance straight away and it also confirms that the other person has the funds available but it still takes the normal time to clear and can be cancelled during that time.
If its done on a week day and fast transfer used then it cant be reversed.
If done by bacs then 3 days still to cancel though is not easily done.

Ok no I have not sent it to west Africa! And I will b checking my
Online banking to make sure it in the account before I even think about posting! Lol

Mixed messages... Might just give the bank a ring on Monday.

As always thanks for all the advice!

Back