Bad signal issue

dexyweescot

Inactive User
Reaction score
Had a mate on the phone telling me that Virgin been at the door whilst his kid was in. He's at work. The engineer said he had signal issues and had to test the line. She let him in where he saw a FTA receiver. Told her that it should not be connected. He took it out and went away to retest the lines. When he returned he said that it was better and not to reconnect the box again or it will be reported.

Couple of things wrong here, that he should never be in the house with a kid on his own and without bill payer present but any ideas why a box would give out noise on the line tho? or is this just coincidence?

Might not be the Box the main problem for some of the Noise on the lines is Bad connections ie: cable type and connectors being used and or not terminated correctly.

Could also be the Receiver at fault

@digi247 yeah i think the tuner is loose and causing glitching im now being told, think they just got lucky asking to come and check all the customers setups on that hub. I never thot it would interfere with other users on the same hub tho tbh

Last edited by a moderator:
Back