iPhone Apps Backup app data from installous apps

avillabon

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have a quick question...

I have an ipod 4g with redsnow 5.1 and i want to upgrade it to absinthe 5.1.1. Im familiar with the jailbreak process but I want to know if there is a way for me to backup the content of jailbroken/cracked apps such as saved games and other content imputed by me. I know I can redownload those apps once I upgrade and rejailbreak but how can i backup their data? I know icloud backs up my data from apps downloaded from the app store but what about the ones downloaded from installous?

Thanks for your help!

Alex

Your settings are saved through the iTunes backup... so when you plug into iTunes you can right-click your iPod and choose Restore from Backup, which has your screenshots, safari bookmarks, notes, and I think info on what music an apps were synced to it and possibly App data....

Since you are syncing your Installous apps to your iTunes Library, they are stored somewhere on your computer (they are saved there when you click Transfer). So don't worry about them. BTW, you can only sync your installous apps when you're jailbroken.

You can copy your Cydia sources and package list to a program called "Cyder 2". You can then sort to view only the installed packages, and then go down the list and download them all pretty quickly. Then, after you restore and jailbreak your iPod, you can transfer them all back to your iPod and after 2 reboots and a respring it will be back to the way it used to be, or go into installous and go to settings and turn on "iTunes sync" and when you connect to iTunes it will say that it found purchases and do you wanna transfer, click transfer purchases.
also if you wanna backup your cydia apps if you have any you can download "aptbackup" from cydia just search it

Hi mate have a look here
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your settings are saved through the iTunes backup... so when you plug into iTunes you can right-click your iPod and choose Restore from Backup, which has your screenshots, safari bookmarks, notes, and I think info on what music an apps were synced to it and possibly App data....

Since you are syncing your Installous apps to your iTunes Library, they are stored somewhere on your computer (they are saved there when you click Transfer). So don't worry about them. BTW, you can only sync your installous apps when you're jailbroken.

You can copy your Cydia sources and package list to a program called "Cyder 2". You can then sort to view only the installed packages, and then go down the list and download them all pretty quickly. Then, after you restore and jailbreak your iPod, you can transfer them all back to your iPod and after 2 reboots and a respring it will be back to the way it used to be, or go into installous and go to settings and turn on "iTunes sync" and when you connect to iTunes it will say that it found purchases and do you wanna transfer, click transfer purchases.
also if you wanna backup your cydia apps if you have any you can download "aptbackup" from cydia just search it

Hey Thanks for the help!

I managed to find a directory on my pc where all apps (official and installous) are backed up. I also followed the steps on the video you provided to make a second copy of the applications directory. I should be all set right? If I understood you correctly Itunes backups create a backup of the data (saved games, data imported by the user, etc) of both apps from the app store and apps from the installous?

Im not too worried about the cydia stuff since I only have a few but i downloaded aptbackup and ran it like you suggested.

Thanks again! Cheers!

Alex

Back