Babies first jabs

ekwat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
What're your stories with you babies first jabs? My lil boy just turned 8 weeks today and had his first jab this afternoon. For the past 8 weeks he has been really good, only moaning a bit when he wants food or winding. Today he had his jabs and he wasn't best pleased but calmed down after a few minutes. 5 hours later and he's bawling and screaming and has the first tears I've seen. I've given him some calpol ( waiting for it to take effect ) but it's horrendous. He doesn't have a temperature and nothing seems to placate him.

Looking around this seems to be normal but it's so hard to see him in this state. Anyone have any tricks to soothe him?

Yes its hard Tawke mate,does not get any easier either,ive had to go through it four times, the wife just couldnt bring herself to take the poor wee things for their jabs,ive had the same sort of reaction after the jabs with each and every one. Calpol is probs the only thing you can give to help(maybe a cuddle)in my experience it works wonders and they are back to their normal routine pretty quick. I hope you lad is feeling better by now,and yourself...lol

Yes its hard Tawke mate,does not get any easier either,ive had to go through it four times, the wife just couldnt bring herself to take the poor wee things for their jabs,ive had the same sort of reaction after the jabs with each and every one. Calpol is probs the only thing you can give to help(maybe a cuddle)in my experience it works wonders and they are back to their normal routine pretty quick. I hope you lad is feeling better by now,and yourself...lol

About an hour later he's quietened down. Lot's of cuddles :) but I suspect the calpol is taking effect. His nan will be here in 5 minutes :) ( she knows best )

Best thing I can recommend to do is to give them some calpol around 2 hrs after the jab (depending on how quickly they develop the umps), gives you more cover an stops them feeling as bad - hence, stops the screaming a little.

best thing to do is allways make sure his nan is on standby,saves the the hassle then lol

not all kids are going to react the same way. My older one had a slight temp afterwards, my younger one was fine with all her jobs. Next time you could him something 30 minutes before the jab but he may not need it.

Also try Calprofen which seems to work better for my kids

There is a multitude of things ppl could tell you too do,but you know your kid better than anyone,all most need is your love and attention,keep an eye on them as im sure you normally do and things will be ok before you know it,just be vigilant and aware and im certain all will be well. There is worse ahead believe me ...lol

Best Wishes...Tamarc.

Well, nan came up and did what she does best and he settled down for the night. Woke up this morning and he's back to normal :)

edit:- would you believe it, just as I typed my reply he started bawling. He punched himself in the nose when playing on his mat. Poor thing lol

Back