[B][/B] Wave 3 help me understand!

twonky21380

Reaction score
Me again Guys,
a stoopid Q, I burnt HAWX yesterday and my Xbox sees it as a DVD, do I have to use and different F/W on the box? I think I have a Benq and 1.4 f/w, I did it all myself around December 2007 and not had any probs, in fact I also burned FEAR, and that plays great. Any help gets a Rep, cheers Keith

1.4 checks the video partition, Hawx (and most new games) have the NXE dashboard placed in the Video Partition, altering its size.

1.4 Checks the Video Partition, sees its increased size and wont boot it, 1.51 doesnt check it, and 1.6 checks, but accepts its new size.

Wave 3 help me understand!

Thanks Oggy,
I'm working away tomorrow until Friday so I'll reflash it on the weekend. Do I need to put the drive back to the original firmware and then flash it to the new one, or can I just flash over the top of 1.4? Thanks again rep added, Keith :Cheers:"respect"

Only Hitachis need restored to stock first.

Any other drives can be flashed straight to 1.6

Cheers Oggy,
was out of town until 20.30 last night, to knackered to look, but I'll get onto it right away..........fingers crossed :Excited: :Cheers:

yes m8, jus as said above, this caused me hours of confusion before i decided to look it up lol.

apparently checksum is different in video partition with the NXE update in video partition and older firmwares see that as a potential compromise so it fails to boot

Re: Wave 3 help me understand!

Right Guys,
did the reflash yesterday on my Benq 1.41 f/w. Had some initial probs, but read the JF trouble shooting guide and I now have an Xbox 360 with 1.6 f/w. It played HAWX straight away, no glitches or anything.

My procedure was a little erratic, but I'll try to remember just in case someone else has a prob:-

I had the Xecutor power/sata kit from when I did my 1st flash, so plugged it all in and the sata to the VIA I/F card, booted up, run JF, no drive found...WTF, read the tut and TSG and decided to remove the VIA drivers, still no luck, then I noticed that I needed port IO installed (thick twat), put this in, started again.
No drive found, ha ha, idiot, put the VIA drivers back in, eureka! 8 IO ports found. Went through each one until the Benq appeared, got it in vendor mode 0x73, read the data, patched with 1.6 (all done by JF BTW), now for the crucial moment, writing it back.... clicked the "write" button and away it went, came to verify, it failed....oh sh*t a bricked drive. Don't panic, start again.. pressed the write button, same result, I had nothing to lose so I pressed the erase button then the write button and it verified OK.
One working drive, great, and 1 donation sent to JF with all my thanks

This is just my own personal experience, but may help others cheers, Keith:banana:

Back