Software AutoIT error on boot

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
My PC was recently infected and on removal with anti virus SW I'm now left with the annoying pop up box "AutoIT error, Error: Error opening file. and it says it can't open it from /temp.
I searched the registry and in frustration searched for AutoIT atm.exe I think ti was somewhere in prog files.
What does AutoIT do and were has it come from and, how do I stop these random error message pop up's on boot ?

My PC was recently infected and on removal with anti virus SW I'm now left with the annoying pop up box "AutoIT error, Error: Error opening file. and it says it can't open it from /temp.
I searched the registry and in frustration searched for AutoIT atm.exe I think ti was somewhere in prog files.
What does AutoIT do and were has it come from and, how do I stop these random error message pop up's on boot ?

Any use?

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

It's not AutoIT itself giving the error but a program created using it. Try finding what is being run at startup.

thanks it was in start up, along with a free keylogger prog scanner I used thing is , I don't know were AutoIT is from or why or if its even needed but anyway pop ups have now stopped

thanks it was in start up, along with a free keylogger prog scanner I used thing is , I don't know were AutoIT is from or why or if its even needed but anyway pop ups have now stopped

AutoIT is some sort of tool for writing software.

It looks like it has been used to write malware in the past at least so you might still have a malware executable somewhere although it probably doesn't do anything now.

Since the malware's files have been removed it gives the error when it runs.

Back