Australian Grand Prix called off

They should have had a pre season corona virus party infect everybody so not to affect the season. :) Aw well, I imagine all sorts of thing are going to be affected by this.

Yep bad news but health must come first i suppose.

Gutted, no toilet roll and no F1!!

Reactions: gez
All English Football League & Premier League fixtures have been suspended until 3 April over the coronavirus pandemic
also UEFA has announced that all Champions League and Europa League matches scheduled for next week have been postponed

why do they need to call it off. spectators don't really see a lot of the race would they? probably see it better if you watch it on telly

why do they need to call it off. spectators don't really see a lot of the race would they? probably see it better if you watch it on telly

A big part of the revenue for the track is through the spectators. It wouldn’t bother f1 to do that as the track pays them but the track can’t afford to not have the spectators there. And they can’t be seen to be compromising safety either.

A lot of races will be cancelled, hopefully our dutch GP will continue at the original date, or at a later time

I wonder if the iptv suppliers will refund some cash? :)

Why? Its not their fault and we do except that the stream may go off from time to time.
And if they keep in contact and keep you upto date with whats happening then no bother.
Mines very good at answering questions, helping out, and improving the service.

Last edited:
they dont need fans at the races, most of the money pprobably comes from telly, they could come to a deall with the track but have empty stands and give us what we pay for ffs

It costs the track a ridiculous amount to host f1. Most tracks are subsidised by their governments to be able afford it in the first place. To loose the revenue from tickets merchandise food and hotels plus all the other things in the local areas would hurt or possibly ruin a track let alone the local economy depending on how the funding was raised. Tracks barely make anything from it anyway but gain from the prestige of being a part of f1.
I’m pissed too as I have been looking forward to the new season since the last race.
Bottom line is, it’s a business so why would a business run at a loss and risk it’s employees lives at the same time?
@joeblaze how come you haven’t joined the digitalworldz fantasy f1 league ?

yes i agree all of that is true, but getting something outta it rather than nothing, people arent getting anything now rather get something out of a deal with no fans involved now and give some people what they are paying for.

am not really sure how that works that fantasy league stuff

Last edited:
Back