atlanta explorer 4000 programming

whitedog

Inactive User
Reaction score
Alright gents could use some advice if you dont mind.

recently acquired atlanta explorer 4000 but havent a clue how to change the network id for my area.
Currently set up for birmingham 41011 but need to set it for 41066.
So i presume i need to make changes to the funcard. Can i assume the first thing i need to do is to buy funcard reader / programmer.. or would it be easier to change the chip.. Could really use this advice as i seem to be going round in circles..

regards
whitedog

to blank the net id you need to swap the u48 and u49 chips, this blanks the net id to 09999.
then set your freq and use the fun net id to set net id and pin.

Hi Scottyboy and thanks for reply.

Sorry to appear such an idiot. not tried to do this before.

Do i swap the chips around and leave them that way or should i swap them back once the box has reset itself ?

Also, can you tell me where i need to look on website for details on how to reprogram my funcard.. I was assuming i had to buy a reader but now not so sure..

Any help gratefully received. and thanks for your patience

regards

Hi,
just swap them around and leave them, thats all you need to do.
as for the funcard you need to get a programmer that compatible with funcards. theres a few out there on the market.
before you do anything with your card make sure you have the b/k and ird noted down so you can redo the card to work again.
you will need to reprogramme the card with the files to set the net id. then once its set re programme the card to work in the box again.
if you search you will find plenty of info on how its all done.

Back