Artificial intelligence (program)

dar1437

Worldz Biggest Oddball
VIP Member
Reaction score
I know it's a bit late lol, but did anyone see a program about AI a few weeks back?
It was about computers thinking outside the box and possibly out thinking humans.
It was a bit (lot) over my head. There was some part of the process, where the people who were involved, didn't know what was actually happening? Lol
They had this machine playing some age old game against some Chinese grand master. They were expecting the master to win every game, but the machine won a few.
Obviously the programers had programed the machine with strategies that humans would use, but in one game, it made a move which stimped everyone, including the master. They thought that it must have made some error, but later in the game, but the move became devicive later in the game.
Spooky lol :)

I know it's a bit late lol, but did anyone see a program about AI a few weeks back?
It was about computers thinking outside the box and possibly out thinking humans.
It was a bit (lot) over my head. There was some part of the process, where the people who were involved, didn't know what was actually happening? Lol
They had this machine playing some age old game against some Chinese grand master. They were expecting the master to win every game, but the machine won a few.
Obviously the programers had programed the machine with strategies that humans would use, but in one game, it made a move which stimped everyone, including the master. They thought that it must have made some error, but later in the game, but the move became devicive later in the game.
Spooky lol :)

Look into Artificial Neural Networks (ANNs). Find a copy of MATLAB and you can play with them yourself :).

Artificial Neural Network Basic Concepts

They can be trained and they develop different strength bonds between various nodes depending on inputs and outcomes. A friend and I looked at ways to erm... enhance our ability at playing a pub quiz machine game called "Word Up", also called "Word Soup", by feeding a picture of the initial screen into a custom automated character recognition program which used an ANN. The crosses in the grid were getting misinterpreted for "L", "T", "I", all sorts of stuff... His solving algorithm for finding big dictionary words worked a treat though.

Could have probably made it better, it was a decade ago and a bit amusement.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I've seen the example of training AI for recognising images. Are there any other examples people are using it for?

Back