Arsenal snap up striker Da Silva

jaffa

Inactive User
Reaction score
Arsenal have swooped to sign Croatian international striker Eduardo da Silva from Dinamo Zagreb.
The 24-year-old, who scored against England in a Euro 2008 qualifier in October, has signed a four-year contract at the Emirates Stadium.

The fee is undisclosed and Da Silva will be unveiled as an Arsenal player after completing a medical at the club.
Wonder what the gooners think of this one.

Da Silva is the first signing for Arsenal since the departure of Thierry Henry to Barcelona in June.

Henry's move to Spain had left Arsenal with Robin van Persie and Emmanuel Adebayor as the only senior strikers at the club.

Nicklas Bendtner is poised to make his presence felt next season after spending the last campaign on loan at Birmingham in the Championship, and now Da Silva will also press for a place.

Da Silva moved from Brazil to Croatia at 15 and took nationality at 22. He has scored seven international goals.

He scored the first competitive goal at the Emirates when Arsenal beat Dinamo Zagreb 5-1 on aggregate in last season's Champions League third qualifying round.

And he finished the Croatian season with a record 34 goals.

looks like good business from mr wenger, ive read fee is £8M to £16M but after radio getting all excited seems they have all agreed its £8M, of course its the "normal" response from the club no comment.

i do remember him from the croatia v england game.

just looked at some info about him seems he is the tap em in type striker so he could be "the fox in the box" that was talked about some years ago.

bout time we got a tap in striker :)
dont get me wrong i love to see a 25/30 yarder going in but scoring only a few a season dont win cups

goals = points
points = games
games = cups
COME ON YOU GUNNERS

as i have always said we have a side now that will be one year more expeianced with each other so they can only improve because of there understandings they should all have now

1)we created the most chances out of every team in the premiership last season

2)arsenal won the head to head with the top 4 teams

3)we moved to a new stadium which needed time to adjust to

4)we had RVP and Henry injured for the most part!

i think they are big factors in our poor season (and by poor we finished level with liverpool on points @ 4th)

i dont know anything about this fella to be honest im going to look for some you tube bits lol and find out ;)

but we needed cover that was the main thing.... we now need a wide left winger and a defender and i think we are good to go.

and cheer up gooners its not so bad i told you all ages ago!

Good signing i hope, as Mickie D said, We had a poor Season finishing "4th".

I honestly think that we didn't miss Henry and i now hope the younger player step up and show the premiership want they are all about.

i really wish we got tevez or someone with a bit more brute force and experience ....... anyway hope the new boy shines ......

vieira = unknown
henry = known but on the bench!
pires = known but nothing special at the time
gilberto = unknown
anelka = unknown
petit = unknown
toure = unknown
cesc = unknown

we need to give the fella a chance i think he will surprise alot of people if he can quickly adjust he will do very well he has a great eye for goal

saying that i have only seen you tube videos but his close control and awareness of the net was very impressive (but this was also in a league alot lower than the prem)

and i heard we will maybe have Carlos Vela in the squad for january because of his work permit - have you seen this young fella play!!! he is going to be awsome (not a maybe or something like that im a telling ya lol)

Regards
Mickie D

Best of luck all Arsenal fans for the new season without HENRY. Maybe Wenger too Next season if not this season.

does this look like a man who is going to leave in the next few months ;)

(AW in training this week)
firsttraining0708_7.jpg

he has never broke a contract in his life and said he will be here next season so maybe next but lets worry about that then ;)

Regards
Mickie D

the guy surely looks stressed looking at the amount of weight he has lost since Henry and the other guy in the board, forgot his name errrmmm.... who know you left.
bless him.

forgot his name errrmmm.... who know you left.

i would hate to have a beer with you would not know what the fook you are talking about your mates must hate translating for you lol

who know you left

heck damn splash crash

pint want them beer

LMFAO

i cant remember a player we have bought besides bergkamp that has come to arsenal and made an impact and is well known

we won the premiership with unknown players that became super stars (the best in the world) and we will always have quality while wenger is the manager and continues to play the game beautifully the way he loves

but a defender would be nice that has hieght and pressance.

and a winger unless hleb can come good as he has the potential (stick foot) but drifts in and out of games alot.

Regards
Mickie D

jeez, wenger looks anorexic on that pic . ok, he's smiling but he looks ill man !

Back