Armistice Day poppy-burning demo 'sickened' observer

gav12345

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
The grandson of a World War II soldier felt "sick inside" as Muslim extremists burned replica poppies on Armistice Day, a court has heard.

_51389523_poppy.jpg

Tony Kibble said members of Muslims Against Crusades (MAC) chanted "British soldiers burn in hell", while he attempted to mark a two-minute silence.

MAC members Mohammad Haque, 30, and Emdadur Choudhury, 26, both from east London, deny public order offences.

The alleged offence took place at Kensington Gore in west London.

Mr Haque, of Mace Street, Bethnal Green, and Mr Choudhury of Hunton Street, Spitalfields, are accused of jointly carrying out the burning of three oversized plastic poppies in a way that was likely to cause "harassment, harm or distress" to those who witnessed it.

On the day of the alleged offences, 11 November 2010, members of the English Defence League (EDL) exchanged angry outbursts with representatives of the MAC.

The trial, at Belmarsh Magistrates Court - sitting at Woolwich Crown Court - heard two groups were separated by police lines and metal barriers.
'Ball of fire'

The demonstrations happened near the Royal Albert Hall, the end point of a charity march at which serving members handed over books of condolences ahead of Remembrance Sunday.

Mr Kibble and his friend Paula Allen had arranged to pay their respects to service personnel gathered, and those who had fallen.

Mr Kibble told the court that as the 11th hour approached they found themselves at the site of the demonstrations.

He said members of the MAC carried on shouting throughout the two-minute silence.

"Halfway through, I looked up to see what was going on around and I saw a ball of fire fall to the ground. Literally, my stomach turned over," he added.

"I felt sick inside. It is something that means so much to me and to see what I believed to be a wreath of poppies fall to the ground - it is just despicable."
Rapist chant

Video footage of the incident was shown in court.

In it, a leader of the MAC can be heard to say "the two minutes have started" before leading a series of anti-British chants.

About 20 men at the demonstration joined in with shouts of: "Burn, burn British soldiers, British soldiers burn in hell."

The crowd continued: "British soldiers - murderers, British soldiers - rapists, British soldiers - terrorists."

Their actions went "far beyond the boundaries of legitimate protest and freedom of expression," prosecutor Simon Ray said.

In a statement given to police, Ms Allen - whose nephew is serving in the British forces, as did her father, grandfather, great-grandfather - said she felt "insulted, sickened and offended" by what she heard during the attempted two-minute silence.

Supporters of the two defendants and members of the EDL held demonstrations outside the court before Wednesday's hearing began.

The trial continues.

These people should be burned alive.. sick tw@ts..

Then kick theyre bodies out of the UK and let some other mug deal with their corpse..

as a former member of the british armed forces these people make me physically sick. they parade around our streets chanting this hate then hop off to the the local dole office for their weekly handout.

i cant really say much more otherwise i will get banned from the forum. so i'll leave it there.

freedom of speech

they can do what they want

who cares any more

we allow this to happen in the first place so what's the point moaning about it

give the bloke a nice detached house with decent benefits and pat him on the back i say

Last edited:
What makes this more insulting is the judge has lowered the charges from the more serious one, to section 4... !

WTF....!

people like harriet harmen should be to blame

she is the one who created all these laws about equality, human & civil rights

now we just spend billions trying these morons at court trying to get em banged up on even more tax payers money

yeh this country is severely buggered but as a people all we care about is ourselves and we will never change

It happens every year in scotland and probably further a field and as long as it is a so called minority doing it then nothing will really happen.

anybody thinks it is isolated but the whole of the UK bar ireland suffers with these problems

sick to think young english men losing limbs and paying tax & NI to keep these clowns in state funded accommodation & social security with free health care & education

but it is not politically correct to think like that is it !

it is called by the PC brigade as inciting racial hatred lol

anybody thinks it is isolated but the whole of the UK bar ireland suffers with these problems

firstly not sure why you are putting ireland in the UK, unless you are referring to northern ireland?

and secondly we have quite a large immigrant population here, from many different countries.

what has the immigrant population have to do with this ?

so your implying my comments are racially motivated ?

i stated that british soldiers are losing limbs & dying whilst paying taxes & national insurance to feed & house the people who insult them based on their religious belief

sickening and sad that you rather refer to race than your own people dyeing on foreign soil protecting us from terrorism

congratulations !

i stated it is not isolated as Islamic extremists are living all over the UK and it has been proven - why else would there be localised counter terrorist police uinits in every police force

Last edited:

i stated that british soldiers are losing limbs & dying whilst paying taxes & national insurance to feed & house the people who insult them based on their religious belief

sickening and sad that you rather refer to race than your own people dyeing on foreign soil protecting us from terrorism

congratulations !

I think our soldiers are incredibly brave but anybody who thinks that they were sent there to protect us from terrorist is more delusional than the terrorists themselves

nice that you've clarified that you're not trying to make a racial issue out of it :)

although you have managed to confuse irish people with the british yet again in your reply.

so english solderies are losing their lives & limbs not for terrorism but for ?

how insulting are you !

you are belittling british soldiers now !

and thanks for hijacking this thread

just shows what a sick culture we live in when British soldiers dying & being insulted whilst being buried is less important than promoting PC

i am not posting on this thread anymore

sick & pathetic

nice that you've clarified that you're not trying to make a racial issue out of it :)

although you have managed to confuse irish people with the british yet again in your reply.

Got to point out here... its nothing to do with race... anyway

Islam is a Faith... not a race... but made up of many/any race.

So, to be against Islam is not to be racist...

Myself personally have nothing against peaceful followers of Islam... its the radical nuts featured in this article I am strongly against and I will be until they are removed from our shores.

so english solderies are losing their lives & limbs not for terrorism but for ?

how insulting are you !

you are belittling british soldiers now !

So are you honestly telling me that you think that Iraq was invaded to fight terrorist?
Its sad that innocent lives have to be lost because of the personal agenda's of those in power, but im afraid that to me at least this seems to be the case.

no it isn't anything to do with race, or shouldn't be.

their behaviour was disgraceful and deserves to be punished.

but unfortunately the actions of a small minority tend to colour people's attitude towards an entire culture.

freedom of speech

they can do what they want

who cares any more

we allow this to happen in the first place so what's the point moaning about it

give the bloke a nice detached house with decent benefits and pat him on the back i say

who cares ?. i bloody well care thats who.

i have personally shed my blood for these peoples freedom of speech. i have seem my very close friends die for these peoples freedom of speech. so yes i care when scum like this desecrate the memory of my fallen brethren.

congratulations !

i stated it is not isolated as Islamic extremists are living all over the UK and it has been proven - why else would there be localised counter terrorist police uinits in every police force

i did not want to reply to this thread again. but you are getting on my tits.

you seem to be more preoccupied with racism issues than any thing else here.

i'll put it like this. i dont care if the two guys this article was about were white / black pink yellow or flaming blue for that matter. i dont care to what god they pray to or not if thats their thing.

all i care about is that they were defiling the memory of people i care about. people i stood shoulder to shoulder with. people i saw die for their country.

Back