Are these good prices??????

manutd4life

DW Regular
Reaction score
Not sure on interior yet but for the car in genaeral.

Range rover 04 Diesel 3 litre TD6 £11k

Range Rover 54 Petrol 4.4 litre £12k

Volvo S60 54 2.3 Turbo £3k

all ex-police cars

cheers

a 4.4l petrol will kill ya on juice mate, stay away!!!

make sure if you don't get to take a look at them first, you budget for interior repairs i've heard they ain't the most carefull when removing radio equipment etc.

Ask your self if the supposed prestige of a later plate is worth the risk
They have been used and well used all that whinging up and down the motorways 24/7
There never off the road and you often see them trashing the bolox off them setting of on the motorway requires this tbh i would not touch one with a poo stick i would hunt for a later year less abused model and be happy in the fact it may have had a better life and therefore may last a little longer ..
Had a pal who had a old 3 yr old astra what a pile of poo there was hardly anything that did not go wrong it kept pooping drive shafts we could not work out why until it was on the ramp and then we found it had been hit and not repaired properly , You will be hard pressed to find a listed ex police car
i dont know why but i assume its the way there insurance works ...
there's many reasons why not but if your gona spend 10k get a proper inspection done your looking @ £200 ish there's the obvious aa and rac but google and find someone local

Get the Range Rover 4.4 petrol and get it converted to LPG and you can run it on 50p per litre, which effectivley double the MPG. Makes it a lot cheaper to run than a diesel.

I had the 4,4 V8 Vogue SE, and it loved the LPG, I now have a Jag S-Type and that loves it also, the missus has a Hyundai Santa Fe on LPG, and We've had a Jeep Grand Cherokee, Merc E200, Land Rover Disco 4.0V8 all on LPG.

We started on LPG about 10 years ago when it was hard to find, now the LPG stations are all over the place like Asda's, Shell's, BP's, plus most camping gas places have filling stations, like Cheshire gas.

The missus goes to a place in Eccles that has a pre-pay card and she gets it for 43p per litre.

To have it converted can add from £800-£2000 to the price, but it will pay for itself in no time.

If you register your vehicle as running on alternative fuel you get a reduction in road tax.

Last edited:
Back