Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Are these dreambox 500s's real??

The ones from DVB are as they are an official stockists however i dont know about that second link. If you really want a real one then go to DVB.

or www.satstore.co.uk these are real ones too.

but be very careful in buying a 500 now as they are no longer made and people advertising 'brand new' 500 are either old stock or clones as the new one is 500+

I think the webpage is just old and not updated, but they are official distributors-
DVB Systems Ltd http://www.dvb-shop24.net/shop_content.php/coID/4/content/Impressum
on DMM dealer list- http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/english/dealerlist/dream.php4?do=list&showcat=7

Satstore is also the official uk distributor, so they are as trustworthy as you are going to find. I've bought from Mark at Satstore and products are genuine. These official distributors have too much reputation to lose by selling fake versions, and I'm sure DreamMM would instantly remove them from their list if they did.

Hi Guys

Satstore are very good and trustworthy, Mark Hemmings has been
around in the sat scene for quite a long time, i bought gear off him
in the D2-MAC days. I also bought my Dreambox 7020 from him,
in november 2007, which took 3 days to be delivered, he is also
very good with his after sales aswell. If you buy from him , you
won,t go far wrong. So take some good advice from the guys and
get your reciever from Satstore.

Fezzy.:banana:

if i was to buy a clone would it mean they werent fully sported with images and are of poor quality?

should i avoid clones at all costs?

lookign for a cheap <£100 DVB-S box thats fully supported for CS / Softcam for Premiere Sport

lookign at this here very cheap which makes me think there not official?

http://www.dreambox500c.org.uk/DreamBox-500S.html

Last edited:
if i was to buy a clone would it mean they werent fully sported with images and are of poor quality?

The code to build the images is mostly open source so I doubt support would be a worry. The odd image builder has tried to lock images to genuine boxes but its just a waste of their time as there are so many other images available.

should i avoid clones at all costs?

lookign for a cheap <£100 DVB-S box thats fully supported for CS / Softcam for Premiere Sport

If you want something cheap then clones are a good alternative. The quality of build on some of the more reputable clones is actually better than that ever produced by Dream. Not all clones are equal though so do some research.

lookign at this here very cheap which makes me think there not official?

Probably not !

Chances are though, it will do what you want. Most of the major components in clones are identical to those in official boxes. The exception can be the tuner (More of an issue on cable boxes rather than sat boxes). You also need to be careful of the build quality (see my previous comments) and be wary of any guarantees.

edit: Forgot to mention - Power supplies are often the things that let clones down. They tend to use really cheap Taiwanese/Chinese power units that have a fairly high failure rate.

If the supplied power supply runs hot or looks "tacky" then i'd be inclined to replace it with something with a better spec. Quite a lot of electronics type shops (Maplins/CPC/RS/Farnell etc) sell compatible power supplies at reasonable prices (12v @ 2.5A should do it).

Last edited:
Hi M8

If you are worried about how much they are, or getting a clone,
why not buy a Eagle box, its a 500 clone but works with all the
major images and in fact has its own and has loads of support.
You would have to go to another forums shop, to look at it.
( A###t ) When i speak to guys who have them, all they do is
rave how good they are for the money and how they do all
the things a 500 does.

Fezzy

Last edited by a moderator:
the eagle box IS a 500 clone, this was why the gemini writers thought about blocking clones from the server. anything that works on the 500 works on the eagle as the eagle IS a 500 with a different looking front

Back