Arcade cabinet ebook.

baggy69

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all, anyone know where i can get hold of the ebook for making an arcade cabinet for a mame project, like the ones they sell on ebay?

Thanks Baggy69.

any chance i could also have a copy plzzz. much appreciated jon.

your better off buying an existing cabinet and converting it, unless you want to build something specific. you can pick them up for around £50-£100, saves time, money and effort. i've built my own and converted old cabinets, so i know what i'm talking about!

your better off buying an existing cabinet and converting it, unless you want to build something specific. you can pick them up for around £50-£100, saves time, money and effort. i've built my own and converted old cabinets, so i know what i'm talking about!

Where did you pick one up at that price?

in coventry, i see you are from birmingham, not too far to travel. there are a few places here that do them, i'm sure birmingham is the same. i dont know the exact company, it was a while ago, i know where their storeroom/workshop is though. i'll try to find out their contact details for you.
there are a couple of cracking machines on ebay at the minute as well, not exactly local, but good prices, theres a tekken 2 cab and this one:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Full-size-Arc...oryZ3945QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
looks pretty decent too, everything looks very accessable.

Can you tell me what modifications would need to be done to an exisiting cabinet and how much that would cost?

you need to replace the monitor for a start, and get an i-pac for the controls, they are less than 30 quid. you can wire up a cheap set of speakers to the existing speaker, just cut the wire going to the 'secondary' speaker and wire up the powered speaker to the cabinet speaker. most games are in mono anyway so you can leave the new speaker in the cabinet, it wont make a difference. you also need a pc to put in there, at least a 1.2ghz machine, but the more horsepower the better.

you need to replace the monitor for a start, and get an i-pac for the controls, they are less than 30 quid. you can wire up a cheap set of speakers to the existing speaker, just cut the wire going to the 'secondary' speaker and wire up the powered speaker to the cabinet speaker. most games are in mono anyway so you can leave the new speaker in the cabinet, it wont make a difference. you also need a pc to put in there, at least a 1.2ghz machine, but the more horsepower the better.

I already have a 2ghz PC and monitor. So it looks like i just need the ipac and speakers, oh and obviously a cabinet :)

Can I grab a copy of this too? I think this is something I want to look at doing :D Cheers!!!

Back